Redback Garrison

Full Version: Kawana Relay 4 Life 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Date: 21st May 2016

Venue: Kawana Waters State College

Time: 11am - 8am Sunday

Mission: Relay For Life is a chance for communities to recognise and celebrate those who have overcome cancer or are undergoing treatment, as well as the people who care for them. Relay also provides an opportunity to celebrate the memory of loved ones lost to cancer.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG:GaugeRage (TB)
Solo (TK)
Mortogg (Clone)
RebbyRebReb (Jawa)
Splinter (TX)
Stormbringer (GM)
Mykill (IC/TI:RP)

GA: Riley CTR1666 Shadow Guard.

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance: MewSefet

Details: Set up started at 11am. The early birds were Mortogg , Splinter and his 2 sons, Solo with his wife and Daughter and myself. It was windy start to the day. The troops got kitted up and was ready for the first lap at 1.30pm. Solo's wife helped to man the camp and sell raffle tickets for prizes which were provided by Scoot040 and Mortogg.

Before even the first steps were taken but the relay teams, we were informed that we raised $70,000 already. Our baton was Anikin's light saber. Mewsefet and MyKill arrived just after 3pm to assist with the relay.

Slpinter and his team left at 6.30pm and RebbyRebReb arrives shortly after. we were in armour in and out the whole day till after our laser skirmish with the SES team. It was a close battle. You should have been there too have see the Razorbacks fight hard.

By around 10 pm we were all in our CV and Redback shirts walking.
I would really like to take the time to thank Solo for carrying the team through the night. He was a legend, We made alot of people smile and all while walking around a track.

It was a great 18 hours of walking in both armour and and out of it. The team was amazing. We got to dance and party with the laser light show. Some of us did Zumba and some assisted with the kissing booth.

In total we walked 125 rounds = 50 Km.

Charity Funds Raised:$161.30

Injuries / Malfunctions:
Some small repairs were made but nothing major. Super glue a troopers best friend.
Public Incidents: Na

Mission Status: Maximum effort with Great Success

Photos: On my FaceBook Page Smile here: https://www.facebook.com/stephenmark.wil...777&type=3
That looked like it was awesome fun! Good work guys.
Awesome work shame i couldn't of been there
Great job!
Well done guys and gals looks like you all had fun
Wow. Champion effort with all those km's covered. Well done troopers!
Great job Doppeldaumen1
Great job ! You should put in a link to the photos so people who aren't friends with you can find it Smile
Awesome effort guy
Sensational effort team!

So who "assisted" with the kissing booth? :P
My left leg was thrashed, but it was so worth it - next year I'll do things like train and warm up, and bring an air mattress Hehehe

I had a TK at Bardon think I was making fun of how they climb stairs - it was just that the leg didn't like bending! Lol
(Tuesday 24-May-2016, 08:03 PM)Altair Wrote: [ -> ]Sensational effort team!

So who "assisted" with the kissing booth? :P

That would be me Wink the kissable scout.
Great event, my sons and I enjoyed being with the Razorbacks very much. We look forward to coming back again next year and staying the whole night.

[Image: kawana%203_zpsgfdoawwj.jpg]

[Image: kawana%202_zpshwi4zwlq.jpg]

[Image: kawana%204_zpscx5etphp.jpg]

[Image: kawana%207_zpsnypnp5jc.jpg]

[Image: kawana%206_zpsj0zs3i7c.jpg]

[Image: kawana%209_zps3e3jnw2c.jpg]

[Image: kawana%208_zpsxkrw3n9j.jpg]
Brilliant work from some dedicated troops .