Redback Garrison

Full Version: Brisbricks Toowoomba 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Date: 09/11/19

Venue: clive berghofer centre, Toowoomba

Time: 09:00 - 16:00

Mission: To bring some imperial presence to Brisbricks as they held their first display in Toowoomba!

Trooper Attendance:

Tbar troopers: CT: 33827 "Bolt" TK: 90579 "Scotty33" BH: 22810 “Snips”

Brisbane crew: TB: 12311 “Teiwaz” DZ: 70809 “Dark Dora” TI: 17305 “Kelz” TI: 20552 “Mykill” CC: 4159 “Beanie”

Saturday ---

0815: All troopers had arrived and put their gear in the change room. The bump in crew had done an excellent job setting everything up the night before.
0845: After scouting the location for a while we suited up and Dark Dora wrangled the first shift.
0900: Doors opened and the public was allowed in to look at all the Lego displays!
1100: Between 9am and 11am we rotated troopers on the stands, making sure everyone took breaks. Brisbricks let the crowds in at regular intervals which gave us time to get through photos with everyone before a long line formed.
12:15: Bolt and Snips packed up after trooping for the morning. Snips did particularly well, trooping for 3hrs, as it was her first troop as Bo Katan!
13:00: Troopers continued to rotate through and man the stands as crowds slowed down towards the end of the afternoon.
16:00: Event finished

Troopers met for dinner with Mykill finishing off everyone’s meals for them.
Everyone had a good time, especially the random guy playing air guitar in front of the band…. Except he was actually holding a real guitar. It took everyone a while to realise he wasn’t actually part of the band!

Sunday ---

0800: All troopers arrived. Scotty, Teiwaz, Mykill, Kelz and Beanie handled the sensory session with Dark Dora wrangling. Stacey’s wrangling has to be commended as everyone went away happy, she even got a mention in a comment on FB!
1030: First standard session started. Crowd numbers exploded! Mykill battled siblings with his green sabre. Kelz put in a huge effort, trooping 4hrs straight on only her second armoured troop. Scotty also needs to be commended for trooping well above and beyond any sane limits.
1400: Event finish and pack up

Sunday was a huge effort for everybody as no one got to take a break, making it a full-on day. Commendations to you all for trooping above and beyond the call of duty! We hosted a huge event with only a minimal number of troopers and that is amazing.

A massive thank you to the Brisbane crew: Teiwaz, Dark Dora, Kelz and Mykill. There is no way we could have hosted the event without you guys!

I am told that (and I quote) "Teiwaz was the shining light on Sunday, a beacon to inspire the other troopers."

Charity Funds Raised: Total of $660.20 raised for Hear and Say

Injuries / Malfunctions: None to report

Public Incidents: One minor incident on Sunday when a young boy refused to even come in the door with the troopers standing near it, we all had to huddle in the corner so his mum could get him in!

Mission Status: Complete success!!

Link to pics: https://imgur.com/a/UHjnIrT

[Image: 49053836052_a1d3292d7d_c.jpg]

[Image: 49053622011_4e270dff78_c.jpg]

[Image: 49053586916_c2d75e1d80_c.jpg]

Awesome troop!! Glad to be a part of it! Can’t wait for next years troop
Great troop and an awesome result for Hear and Say!
Thanks to everyone for coming up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was a great weekend, we had a lot fun. Thanks Bolt and Scotty for looking after us again, and congratulations Snips on your first troop, you did a fantastic job.

Hear and Say were great to deal with and really appreciative of the exposure in Toowoomba. We had a lot of people come up to us and ask us if we did hearing tests! We gave them the brochures and directed them to the friendly staff at their Toowoomba office.

Brisbricks is a great event these days. The Brisbricks staff are well organised and the event draws in lots of appreciative families. Hopefully next time it won't conflict with the garrison's biggest convention and we can get a bigger crew up there. Still it was good everyone working together on the weekend for the same charity.

One thing about the lack of a meal break on Sunday, we pooled together the leftover vouchers and there's $100 worth of Lego ready for a raffle somewhere next year.

Great report thanks Bolt. (lols at the beacon)
Congratulations everyone, well done .
thanks for the report and comments, i have passed it on to Brisbricks staff.

i enjoyed trooping, shame i could tee it up with my clone buddies!
Great work troopers!
Looked like a lot of fun :-)
It was a great weekend. Looking forward to next year Smile