Redback Garrison

Full Version: A Shy Shiny.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! I'm sort of toe dipping into the 501st, I have lots of interest in costuming and of course Trooping, though I'm not just ready to do public stuff yet as I am almost cripplingly shy in the flesh. Its a pleasure to be among like minded folk and I look forward to getting some knowledgeable insight on what stuff I end up churning out. 

I'll be starting with either a shore trooper (I liked the blue and red for the "Officer.") or a Pilot. I'll probably lurk but If I have questions, I'll be sure to ask and post updates on my work anyway.
Please call me Tali if it suits you!

I am Trans and I hope this will not have a negative impact on our interactions!
Hi Tali
Welcome to the garrison. We have a few of us who are very shy but we all help each other get our confidence up.
A good place to start is joining the detachments for the pathfinders and Jolly Roger Squadron(JRS) They have lots of information about costumes and a vetted sellers list as well. Links below

https://jrs501st.com

https://www.501stpathfinders.com/

If you have any questions please ask , we have mentors from both groups as well as myself to assist with any help.
Welcome to the forums, you’ve taken your initial step and the information above should serve you well on your journey.
Thank you very much, with a bit of study and a lot of weighing my options. I've decided to start with a Pilot and I've gone through the process of getting myself in the know and set up for it.
I might work on other suits on the side but pilot will be my first
(Tuesday 9-Feb-2021, 07:48 AM)WestWinds Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much, with a bit of study and a lot of weighing my options. I've decided to start with a Pilot and I've gone through the process of getting myself in the know and set up for it.
I might work on other suits on the side but pilot will be my first

That’s great ,pilots are cool . 
Slide Effect and Wendell are great mentors for Tie pilots they know their stuff. They can help you with putting it all together
Gday Westwind,

TIE Pilots are a great kit!!! Actually they are the best costume but if I say that too loud everyone gets upset.

Have you done any research yet on what type of TIE you are thinking? There are a few variants all with thier own subtle differences.
Also do you know much yet about the various armour makers that are out there? There are quite a few now producing good quality accurate armour.
Alternatively the 2nd hand market is pretty good. I knw Wendell here on the forums is selling an excellent ANH TIE Pilot.
Wendell is a very experienced costumer and the finish on his gear is awesome so it would be a siolid option.

Anyway welcome to the forums and dont hesitate to reach out should you have any questions or need a hand,

Cheers
S.E.
Hi Tali
Welcome to the Redbacks
TIE Pilot you say? Awesome choice. Clearly the best job in the Empire
Great choice

Wendell
JRS Cadet Mentor
JRS Command Staff