Redback Garrison
Hello everyone! - Printable Version

+- Redback Garrison (https://www.501st.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Fresh Recruits (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Hello everyone! (/thread-12387.html)

Hello everyone! - Slayer6769 - Friday 21-Oct-2016

I thought I should introduce myself to everyone since I'm here. 
I actually came here to find a specific member here to help me with a costume I'm working on. But after reading a bit, I think I'd like to stop in and participate. 
A bit about myself. My name is Ron and I live in Ohio, USA. I'm not a 501st member yet, but will be hopefully when I get a costume completed. I'm actually working on two currently. I'm building a ESB TK and a ANH TI. As this is going to take some time, especially the TK, I am going forward with a reserve pilot to get my foot in the door as it were. 
I'm married with two dogs and I have two children from a previous marriage. 
I am US Marine Veteran and currently work in a steel mill, helping make the highest quality steel in the world. As a "second job" as a political activist. 
Outside of my current quest to become a 501st member, I enjoy shooting sports and boating. And on the rare occasion I get out and fish. 
Hopefully I will be able to add to the discussions here and more importantly make some new friends. Thank you for having me here in your community!!

RE: Hello everyone! - Cyclops - Friday 21-Oct-2016

Hey mate and welcome , you will enjoy your time here on the forums , many of us share your enthusiasm for the great outdoors and associated sports , we also cater to our international friends with a couple of big annual events if your ever inspired to take advantage of the better exchange rate and bring the family for a holiday .
Cheers Cyclops

RE: Hello everyone! - muppet - Friday 21-Oct-2016

Welcome Ron
What costume are you working on?
I have a good mate that lives in Ohio, just outside of Cinnci. Was over there in February this year visiting him.

Hello everyone! - Slide Effect - Friday 21-Oct-2016

Gday Ron,
Welcome aboard [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Reserve pilot is a great choice as an entry costume whilst you work on your armour.
Have you signed up over in the Jolly Roger Squadron too?? Www.jrs501st.com
We have a geap of info over there one the quickest easiest way to source your costume components.

Cheers
S.E.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

RE: Hello everyone! - Imperial Drone - Friday 21-Oct-2016

Welcome to our forum Ron Smile Another benefit of joining up to the JRS forum is being able to request a mentor to help you get your costume together.

RE: Hello everyone! - Slayer6769 - Wednesday 26-Oct-2016

Thanks for the welcome! I am over at the JRS forum and have gotten some good info over there. I was out of town the last few days on a mini vacation, so I haven't worked on my TK since. Hopefully I will get back to it this evening after I get home from work.
I'd absolutely love to visit AU sometime. I've always wanted to visit there, but have never had the chance. I appreciate you all having me and look forward to socializing with you.

RE: Hello everyone! - Sly - Wednesday 26-Oct-2016

Hi Ron, welcome to our humble home. Its always great to see intentional visitors to our forums and shores, hope you can make it down under some day.

RE: Hello everyone! - BigDub - Wednesday 26-Oct-2016

Warm welcome to the Redback Forums Slayer6769!

RE: Hello everyone! - Phantom - Saturday 5-Nov-2016

Hi Ron and welcome to our forums.

Good luck with your costumes.