Redback Garrison
Never to late - Printable Version

+- Redback Garrison (https://www.501st.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Fresh Recruits (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Never to late (/thread-13780.html)

Pages: 1 2

Never to late - Den Yllek - Tuesday 23-Jan-2018

Greetings.
I feel abit long in the tooth at 44 to be chasing this dream but my admiration of the TK armour has never dulled after all these years. 
I had put away the dream of ever owning a set of the white armour. 48hrs later I am sitting staring and planning alterations to a set I have purchased from a local guy who is moving on to other things. I was hoping to buy new and unassembled. To experience the fun and pain of putting it together myself but I couldnt let this chance pass by.
It is a Shepperton set and blaster, from what Ive read it will need some work to get up to spec but thats fine. The thighs and biceps need expanding. Gloves and TK boots will need to be sourced but these are small things. 
Im looking forward to this journey.
Thank you.

RE: Never to late - Hydro - Tuesday 23-Jan-2018

Never to old to start buddy Smile

RE: Never to late - Imperial Drone - Tuesday 23-Jan-2018

Welcome to the forums! As Hydro said, you're never too old Smile I hope there's not too much modification needed for your armour. If you haven't already, sign up to www.whitearmor.net which is the detachment forum for the men in white and you should be able to find lots of great information there.

RE: Never to late - Nighthawk - Tuesday 23-Jan-2018

You're never too old to start mate. I only got approved in October last year, three months shy of my 50th birthday. Good to have you with us Smile

RE: Never to late - Wendell - Tuesday 23-Jan-2018

Yep age is no barrier... did my first costume at age 45.

RE: Never to late - Sly - Tuesday 23-Jan-2018

The Empire does not discriminate against old age Wink

Never to late - Slide Effect - Tuesday 23-Jan-2018

Welcome to the beginning of the craziest journey ever!
Ask plenty of questions and listen to all the advice...then do whatever Sly says and ignore the rest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RE: Never to late - CUBE - Wednesday 24-Jan-2018

My TK arrived age 47....still working on it 5 months later !! hope to see you on a troop sometime.

RE: Never to late - Gix - Wednesday 24-Jan-2018

Welcome!! you will be surprised the number of us who are the other side of 40... but 40 is the new 20 right??

RE: Never to late - Den Yllek - Thursday 25-Jan-2018

Thank you for the welcome.

RE: Never to late - Moxxxie - Thursday 25-Jan-2018

Never too old to have fun!

Welcome aboard!

Never to late - PhilB - Monday 29-Jan-2018

Hi buddy, I joined last year with the Knightfall Garrison after purchasing my armour TK, and I'm 57 years young brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Never to late - pecklez - Monday 5-Feb-2018

indeed gix 40 is the new 20 rofl.......but you are never too old to join we are like a good wine....only get better with age Smile good luck look forward to seeing it done

RE: Never to late - Lord Chad - Tuesday 6-Feb-2018

I'm nearly 20

Never to late - RedaV - Wednesday 7-Feb-2018

I’m almost 44 and doesn’t stop me being crammed, squashed & bolted into C3PO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk