Redback Garrison
Hi! I'm New - Printable Version

+- Redback Garrison (https://www.501st.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Fresh Recruits (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Hi! I'm New (/thread-13837.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hi! I'm New - Ashlyn_Dubreas - Monday 5-Feb-2018

Hi,
I have seen you guys around at OZ Comic-Con and Supanova. I live in South East Brisbane and would love to join you! However I am not sure how to get my first costume. I would like to do Captain Phasma. Any help would be much appreciated.
Jaira_Solak. Doppeldaumen1

RE: Hi! I'm New - pecklez - Monday 5-Feb-2018

Have a talk to gix she was the 1st phasma in aust

RE: Hi! I'm New - Hydro - Monday 5-Feb-2018

Welcome to the forums Jaira

RE: Hi! I'm New - Imperial Drone - Tuesday 6-Feb-2018

Welcome to the forums!

RE: Hi! I'm New - Ashlyn_Dubreas - Wednesday 7-Feb-2018

Thank you for the welcome everyone! I have sent Gix a message.

RE: Hi! I'm New - Ashlyn_Dubreas - Wednesday 7-Feb-2018

I have had a serious think about this and Gix suggested that I try out doing a soft costume for my first one until I do more research on the Captain Phasma one. If anyone has any advice for this please feel free to leave a comment. It will be very much appreciated.

Oh and sorry forgot to add this detail. I am looking into doing an Imperial Security Bureau Officer.

RE: Hi! I'm New - pecklez - Thursday 8-Feb-2018

I agree totally phasma is a massive build...my 1st one prob like most people was a jawa u can have alot of fun in oneu can be very cheeky in one since then going onto a tx shadowtrooper n then darth maul n most recently jango fett butt have a loom around even staff ofgicer my partners 1st outfit was a tr shadowguard but definitely have a good look in the CRLs n see what intrests you main thing is HAVE FUN.

RE: Hi! I'm New - Dreadnought - Thursday 8-Feb-2018

Welcome to the forums! All the best with your first costume. There's plenty of help available here. Cheers.

RE: Hi! I'm New - MammaSith - Thursday 8-Feb-2018

Reserve Tie pilots are very popular as a first costume, and you can progress onto a tie pilot later if you want. SlideEffect is a redback JRS mentor he can help you there if your interested.
Phasma is a lot to tackle as a first build.
If you want to chat to some of us about costumes pop along to Pink Stumps day we always need helpers Smile
Welcome to the forums.

RE: Hi! I'm New - Ashlyn_Dubreas - Thursday 8-Feb-2018

(Thursday 8-Feb-2018, 02:50 PM)MammaSith Wrote:  Reserve Tie pilots are very popular as a first costume, and you can progress onto a tie pilot later if you want. SlideEffect is a redback JRS mentor he can help you there if your interested.
Phasma is a lot to tackle as a first build.
If you want to chat to some of us about costumes pop along to Pink Stumps day we always need helpers Smile
Welcome to the forums.

Interesting suggestion. It's okay though as I have already started to build the IBS costume with the smaller and easier pieces first while I do further research on the bigger pieces like the tunic. Do I need to do anything to be a helper at Pink Stumps Day even and where should I go to get details? These might seem like stupid questions but I am a real newbie to the group and greenie to cosplaying with a group, I've always done it by myself.

RE: Hi! I'm New - Ashlyn_Dubreas - Saturday 10-Feb-2018

Just want to let everyone know I will be coming to the Pink Stumps Day event to get into the action. Please feel free to approach me and introduce yourself if you see me. I have attached a photo of myself so that you know what I look like, don't worry I will not be bringing my dog. Feel free to call me Jaira as I will respond to it pretty quickly as it is one of my Sith character from when I play SWTOR.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a fun day.
Jaira.

RE: Hi! I'm New - Ashlyn_Dubreas - Saturday 10-Mar-2018

I had a great day today meeting everyone at the Pink Stumps Day event. Look forward to hanging with you all in the future.

RE: Hi! I'm New - MammaSith - Saturday 10-Mar-2018

Thank you for coming today and help out, was great to meet you

RE: Hi! I'm New - Teiwaz - Saturday 10-Mar-2018

Nice to meet you today.

RE: Hi! I'm New - Imperial Drone - Sunday 11-Mar-2018

It was good to meet you! Hopefully everything i taught you was useful for wrangling at future troops, although pink stumps day is probably our least conventional troops Smile