Redback Garrison
G’Day and Help! - Printable Version

+- Redback Garrison (https://www.501st.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Fresh Recruits (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: G’Day and Help! (/thread-15157.html)

G’Day and Help! - Sizzle-Conrad- - Friday 24-May-2019

Afternoon everyone. Name is Scott, based in NSW.  Have been following the 501st for a while now and have finally  decided to apply to join. Have read nothing but awesome people helping each other out in a great community. Anyway it has come time to purchase some armour, have my heart set on a Stormtrooper ANH set and I would love some help/advice. Have checked a number of places and made contact with RS PropMasters and Troopermaster. Both great customer service and amazing quality gear from what I can tell. Anyway, my question is I have seen the SDS MK3 armour but unfortunately haven’t heard amazing things about the quality. However getting a set and shipped to Aus is almost $1000 cheaper. Is there really that big a difference to justify the cost? Or is this a case of get what you pay for? 
Thank you all in advance.

G’Day and Help! - Sly - Friday 24-May-2019

Greetings Scott.
Living in NSW means you should join the Southern Cross Garrison, they look after your state, but in saying that, you are always welcome to visit our boards.
SDS is ok, and only ok. As far as accuracy goes there are a few things that need to be modified if you ever wished to go for higher levels of approval.
FISD (First imperial stormtrooper detachment) is a forum that only looks after all things White and shiny Stormtrooper so I suggest you also sign up on those forums
Www.whitearmor.net
There are other armour makers such as AP ( Authentic Props)
AM (Armor Master) and MTK who you will find are more affordable than RS prop.
Hope this helps some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: G’Day and Help! - Ratchet - Saturday 25-May-2019

Hi Scott,
I'm a Southern Cross Garrison member, as I live in Northern NSW, so Redback Garrison are family, just closer than the rest of the Legion brothers and sisters.

SCG forums are at www.501scg.org.com

RE: G’Day and Help! - Sizzle-Conrad- - Saturday 25-May-2019

(Friday 24-May-2019, 11:10 PM)Sly Wrote:  Greetings Scott.
Living in NSW means you should join the Southern Cross Garrison, they look after your state, but in saying that, you are always welcome to visit our boards.
SDS is ok, and only ok. As far as accuracy goes there are a few things that  need to be modified if you ever wished to go for higher levels of approval.
FISD (First imperial stormtrooper detachment) is a forum that only looks after all things White and shiny Stormtrooper so I suggest you also sign up on those forums
Www.whitearmor.net
There are other armour makers such as AP ( Authentic Props)
AM (Armor Master) and MTK who you will find are more affordable than RS prop.
Hope this helps some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah mate so sorry. Poor research oh my account. But thank you for the help anyway. I will head on over to the Southern Cross Garrison.
Cheers
Scott

(Saturday 25-May-2019, 09:38 AM)Ratchet Wrote:  Hi Scott,
I'm a Southern Cross Garrison member, as I live in Northern NSW, so Redback Garrison are family,  just closer than the rest of the Legion brothers and sisters.

SCG forums are at www.501scg.org.com

Thanks Ratchet I will make myself known over at the Southern Cross Garrison.
Cheers for the help.