Redback Garrison
Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - Printable Version

+- Redback Garrison (https://www.501st.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Mission Reports & Photos (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report (/thread-15213.html)

Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - Rebelrach - Tuesday 9-Jul-2019

ate: Sat and Sun 6-7 July 2019

Venue: Queensland Air Museum, 9 Pathfinders Drive, Caloundra West, Qld

Time: 1000-1500 each day

Mission: Our 7th year to wow the big crowds at the Qld Air Museum’s annual Open Cockpit weekend, their biggest fundraising event of the year. Always a great troop for the aviation enthusiasts amongst us with great photo opportunities as we mingle with the crowd and exhibits. This year we were raising funds for the Royal Flying Doctors Association again.

Trooper Attendance:

SATURDAY
Redback Garrison:
Redav – Death Trooper
Imperial Drone – Gunner
Blue - Navy Trooper

Harves1345 - ISB
Gauge Rage - Swamp Scout
Bailey – ID

RL:
Diatium - Rebel Fleet Trooper
Moo - Jedi
Tarleah - Jedi
Rebelrach – Xwing pilot

Support Crew:
RedSonja
Mykill
Jeadous Teal
Rebelrach – POC

SUNDAY
Redback Garrison:

Wrexham – TK
Bailey – ID
Tarleah – TI Reserve

RL:
Thrawn – Xwing pilot
Gavin - Xwing pilot
Tarleah – Jedi

GA:
Kelz daughter (TI Reserve)

Support Crew:
Kelz
Jeadous Teal (RL)
Rebelrach - POC

Details:  Our 7th year trooping this great weekend event!  A very wet start to Saturday meant the crowds were very slow to arrive and it was somewhat quiet most of the day. Regardless, troopers wandered amongst the aircraft displays and stopped for photos with the public and museum volunteers, well received as always.  

On the Sunday, part 2 of the mission saw new faces and some first day troopers coming back for more.  Big thanks to Tarleah and Bailey for doing both days. The weather had improved a little but the mud and wet ground remained, the crowds were a little bigger today, but still well over half the size of other years.

GaugeRage was his usual energetic self, he and Redav with his Death Trooper was hugely popular with the crowds. Thanks to Redav that trooped all day Saturday, and really worked hard with the crowds. Diatium tried his hand at the cardboard planes, only to be trumped by the fly boys Gavin and Shaun on Sunday. With no Tie Pilots to challenge them, the skies were clear for take off!   

A few troopers tried out the F-1-11 cockpit, and a new twist in the long running saga of the Young and The Plastic…the star of the show, the flight attendant girlfriend (mannequin) is now behind safety glass, though Wrexham dropped by to say hello.

Charity Funds Raised: $65.40 for Royal Flying Doctors

Injuries / Malfunctions: Nil.

Public Incidents: NIL. Though we had a very scared kiddy on Sunday (that’s on you Wrexham). Rach may have taken a slide in the mud, but there were not photos so you can’t prove it!

Mission Status: SUCCESS – as always. The bad weather both days meant crowds were about 1/3 the size of other years and charity donations were way down due to this, and no one seems to carry change around any more.  A HUGE thanks to all the troopers that came a long way to make the weekend so fun, and make a great addition to the event. Needless to say we have a standing invite for next year of course.  

Photos

[Image: VAPBHPM.jpg]
[Image: OPiPp5z.jpg]
[Image: cLKpjHN.jpg]
[Image: Zy0yjqZ.jpg]
[Image: JVd31yr.jpg]
[Image: 5b2hv4x.jpg]
[Image: a4DVq6p.jpg]
[Image: YhkCUFD.jpg]
[Image: N33Db3Y.jpg]
[Image: nChg9bz.jpg]
[Image: rr0Bd8O.jpg]
[Image: 9eBiIyw.jpg]
[Image: 4TRSe0F.jpg]
[Image: uFCf2wp.jpg]
[Image: 31u62Xc.jpg]
[Image: VovSode.jpg]

RE: Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - RoboTom - Tuesday 9-Jul-2019

Nice work! Well done all.

Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - RedaV - Wednesday 10-Jul-2019

Was one of the best troops I have been too. Such a great day despite the mud definitely will be putting this on my calendar for next year. FYI I’m still convinced I won the dance off Guagerage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - Harves4556 - Wednesday 10-Jul-2019

Thanks for the hospitality and the fun, Redbacks. I hope to join in again next year. If anyone's in Kuala Lumpur, give me a shout.

RE: Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - Sithprincess - Wednesday 10-Jul-2019

Good job, guys.

We were thinking of you all during the wet weekend.  Glad it cleared a bit on Sunday for you.   Doppeldaumen1

RE: Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - MyKill - Thursday 11-Jul-2019

It was great seeing everyone on Saturday!

Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - Squid - Thursday 11-Jul-2019

Fantastic work you guys!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RE: Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - Cre8tiv - Thursday 11-Jul-2019

Looks like a great troop, despite the wet conditions.
Well done troopers!

RE: Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - Wrexham - Thursday 11-Jul-2019

Had a great day Sunday, thanks Rach

RE: Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - Ashlyn_Dubreas - Wednesday 21-Aug-2019

Had a fantastic weekend, thank you for POCing Rachel. Side note I was in my Reserve Tie on the Saturday as well Smile

RE: Qld Air Museum Open Cockpit Weekend July 6-7, 2019 Troop Report - TripleSix - Wednesday 21-Aug-2019

Nice one guys, you seem to be having a blast!