Redback Garrison
New Recruit Aus - Printable Version

+- Redback Garrison (https://www.501st.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Fresh Recruits (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: New Recruit Aus (/thread-15387.html)

New Recruit Aus - G train - Friday 25-Oct-2019

Hi everyone my name is Gerry and I'm from the Tropical Far North Cairns to be precise and my friends call me G train. It is nice to meet you all I have signed up this morning to the Redback garrison so I can start trooping myself. I am very fresh to costume crafting and would like some help with assembling my first set of fully operational Clone Armor. As a kid I have always loved Star Wars every day from grade 1-3 I'd come home do home work then jump right on into the Star Wars universe that everyone loves. It was up until the other day when I was purchasing a Gold Chrome Darth Vader Pop Vinyl I was like hey I remember this universe of so many interesting characters (The Storm Trooper who hit his head on the door in episode 4 classic) I love this. But most importantly I have always enjoyed the empire whether it be in the form of Empire Legends how Darth Vader is continuing the Jedi Purge, or like I said before that Storm Trooper who bumped his head on the door. 

I am very much interested in creating the 501st Clone Trooper armor as my first set, and in the future the Storm Trooper armor from Empire Strikes Back. I wanted to start with the 501st Clone Trooper armor because in my opinion they always look cool walking up the stairs in episode 3. Your help in my matter would be greatly appreciated, I also hope to meet some fellow members as well it would be pretty cool.

RE: New Recruit Aus - TripleSix - Friday 25-Oct-2019

Welcome aboard mate, I'd say go a TK first they are so much better :D coming from a TK you know it's true!

RE: New Recruit Aus - Cyclops - Friday 25-Oct-2019

Welcome aboard.

RE: New Recruit Aus - Wendell - Friday 25-Oct-2019

Welcome to our forums. There’s a few members with solid experience in Clone Trooper armour and I’m sure they will give you great direction to get you started. Good luck

New Recruit Aus - Slide Effect - Friday 25-Oct-2019

Hi G,

Welcome to the forums!!
Having married a Cairns girl I find myself up that way a bit during the year visiting family (she visits family, I visit Hemmingways)

As far as I know we only have 1 Trooper in Cairns at the moment but there is a good contingent in Townsville to get into mischief with.

Good luck with the clone build, we have some excellent builders in the Garrison who will be able to help you along the way.

Once you start building be sure to start and maintain a build thread. It's a great way to show everyone where yo are up to and enables members to help along the way....makes it easier for approvals and it helps avoid a big list of fix up items!!

Enjoy the journey mate,

Cheers
S.E.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RE: New Recruit Aus - Sly - Saturday 26-Oct-2019

Welcome aboard Gerry, will be great to have a new member up in Cairns to help wave the Redbacks flag.
Weather you go Clone or TK (Imperial Stormtrooper) it's going to be an absolute blast.
Good luck on your new journey.

RE: New Recruit Aus - G train - Tuesday 29-Oct-2019

(Friday 25-Oct-2019, 07:28 PM)Wendell Wrote:  Welcome to our forums. There’s a few members with solid experience in Clone Trooper armour and I’m sure they will give you great direction to get you started. Good luck
Thank you much appreciated. Who will I have to talk to about the clone armor by any chance?

(Saturday 26-Oct-2019, 08:27 AM)Sly Wrote:  Welcome aboard Gerry, will be great to have a new member up in Cairns to help wave the Redbacks flag.
Weather you go Clone or TK (Imperial Stormtrooper) it's going to be an absolute blast.
Good luck on your new journey.
Thank you so much I greatly appreciate it I hopefully will do well

(Friday 25-Oct-2019, 08:49 AM)TripleSix Wrote:  Welcome aboard mate, I'd say go a TK first they are so much better :D coming from a TK you know it's true!
Well I can't argue with that logic, in saying that where do I find these plans to build some 501st Clone armor because I am pretty keen

RE: New Recruit Aus - Bolt_2112 - Tuesday 29-Oct-2019

Hi G train!

As a guy who's built both a TK and three Clone suits, I can tell you that the TK was the easiest and an excellent way to get into hard armour. I would suggest starting with a TK and learning the ropes before you get into a Clone. Clone armour is amongst the most difficult armour to assemble, due to the vast amounts of assembly, painting and fitting required.

To start your journey to a full fledged trooper I would suggest that you join some of our members at a troop to get a taste for what it's like to wear a suit. They can be very restrictive and difficult to see in. Realistic clones have extra armour on the knees and elbows compared to a TK, and this further restricts movement.

Have you thought about if you want to do animated or realistic (Movie style) clone armour? Animated armour doesn't have elbow or knee plates, but can be more bulky.
Have a look at the Clone Trooper Detachment and start doing some more research into what it takes to assemble a 501st approvable kit: https://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/

Also take a look at the FISD and do some research into making a TK: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

You can never do too much research! Get to know everything about your chosen character and what it takes to make and assemble the costume.

Good luck!

RE: New Recruit Aus - NQDude - Tuesday 29-Oct-2019

Gidday mate and welcome to the forums, the Redback Garrison and more importantly Venom Sqd.
I am townsville based but we do have a trooper up in cairns atm and David will prob message u he has a tk and be helpful when comes time to assemble ur armour

Hopefully we can get u verified and then get u along to some troops that are coming up in cairns in the next month

Hopefully chat soon
NQDude

Sending u a pm mate as well

RE: New Recruit Aus - lukestarrywalker - Wednesday 30-Oct-2019

(Friday 25-Oct-2019, 06:09 AM)G train Wrote:  Hi everyone my name is Gerry and I'm from the Tropical Far North Cairns to be precise and my friends call me G train. It is nice to meet you all I have signed up this morning to the Redback garrison so I can start trooping myself. I am very fresh to costume crafting and would like some help with assembling my first set of fully operational Clone Armor. As a kid I have always loved Star Wars every day from grade 1-3 I'd come home do home work then jump right on into the Star Wars universe that everyone loves. It was up until the other day when I was purchasing a Gold Chrome Darth Vader Pop Vinyl I was like hey I remember this universe of so many interesting characters (The Storm Trooper who hit his head on the door in episode 4 classic) I love this. But most importantly I have always enjoyed the empire whether it be in the form of Empire Legends how Darth Vader is continuing the Jedi Purge, or like I said before that Storm Trooper who bumped his head on the door. 

I am very much interested in creating the 501st Clone Trooper armor as my first set, and in the future the Storm Trooper armor from Empire Strikes Back. I wanted to start with the 501st Clone Trooper armor because in my opinion they always look cool walking up the stairs in episode 3. Your help in my matter would be greatly appreciated, I also hope to meet some fellow members as well it would be pretty cool.
Hey Gerry, good to finally see another Cairns trooper!!! Let's meet up mate, I'm in Kanimbla. I have ANH TK armour. Got a couple of troops coming up too

RE: New Recruit Aus - Ashlyn_Dubreas - Wednesday 30-Oct-2019

Welcome to the forums!

Cannot wait to meet you at some troops down here in Brisbane. Clone troopers like Rex, Cody, Fives and others are some of my top favourite characters.