Redback Garrison
hey guys new member - Printable Version

+- Redback Garrison (https://www.501st.com.au/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Fresh Recruits (https://www.501st.com.au/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: hey guys new member (/thread-7349.html)

Pages: 1 2

hey guys new member - krissyb - Monday 23-Sep-2013

hi my name is Kris and i am from Paddington brisbane.
I work at the pancake manor brisbane city where i met a couple of your troopers that where there for dinner and they recomended that i come here and join so i can get more involved in the comunity.

i loved the movies but more so i love the books my favorite being the bane trilogy, also went to germany this year for the star wars convention in july and had a awesome time.

i have recently been trying to build a tk-ahn via the white armor tutorials and other website but failed miserably at the vacum table so i have the money and the drive to get started and can't wait to get more involved!!!

thanks

Kris

RE: hey guys new member - Tirilia - Monday 23-Sep-2013

Hi and welcome Kris!

Go ahead and join whitearmor.net to get you started on finding reputable TK kits! But major well done on trying it yourself first!

PS- Seriously envious you went to Celebration Europe..!

RE: hey guys new member - Phantom - Monday 23-Sep-2013

Welcome to the forums Kris!!

RE: hey guys new member - krissyb - Monday 23-Sep-2013

no it was great it was a lucky coincidence i was there visiting my father. i will keep trying and keep active on here and if i cant get it working i will keep asking questions

RE: hey guys new member - JOker - Monday 23-Sep-2013

Welcome Smile

Don't worry about initial failures, we've all been there (a rancor has better painting skills than me)

You'll find plenty of trooper here keen to lend assistance or advice to help you on your journey to joining the Empire

RE: hey guys new member - BIDS - Monday 23-Sep-2013

Wecome Kris.

RE: hey guys new member - cobra - Monday 23-Sep-2013

Welcome to the the forums Krissy.
There are plenty of experienced troopers here to help with anything you need and as Tirilia has pointed out, whitearmor.net is the 'online' place to go for your references.
Best of luck with whatever you decide on.

RE: hey guys new member - Viper Scout - Monday 23-Sep-2013

Welcome Krissy... Don't forget to come along and check out the 501st action at Brisbane SupaNova in November.

RE: hey guys new member - Kev Vader - Monday 23-Sep-2013

Welcome to the Redback Forums!

RE: hey guys new member - stormraven - Tuesday 24-Sep-2013

Hi Krissby I'm impressed that you at tried to vac form your own armour, Doppeldaumen1 there are only a very few guys in the garrison who have access to a vac table and the vast majority buy a kit from overseas. To start with I'd stick with the premade kit but don't give up practicing with your vac form attempts.

Also feel free to come along to an event and introduce yourself its a good chance to see some armour close up and see all the individual ways of putting it together.

hey guys new member - Rebelrach - Tuesday 24-Sep-2013

Welcome!! Did somebody say pancakes?!? You'll be popular!

Good luck with your build!

RE: hey guys new member - Doc - Tuesday 24-Sep-2013

Haha - a lot of us go to the manor quite regularly - so keep an eye out for us!!!
Welcome!!!

RE: hey guys new member - MammaSith - Sunday 29-Sep-2013

Welcome to the forums

RE: hey guys new member - Prepared - Sunday 29-Sep-2013

Welcome!

RE: hey guys new member - Deltorn - Wednesday 2-Oct-2013

Hey Kris,
Is it you that has the imperial logo tattooed on your forearm? I remember someone there had the tat last time I was at that fine establishment Smile