Don't mind my lurking
G'day all.

I have been aware of the 501st for a long time now but never gotten around to doing anything about it. My details:

Job: been in the Army for 25 years. Most of that has been in Infantry however I made a late career change and have been flying helicopters for the last few years. Due to the job I've lived all over the country but am now back in Brisbane and planning on not leaving again.
Key Traits: Anal retentive perfectionist that researches everything to within an inch of its life before making a decision, which drives my wife crazy Hehehe

I can't remember when I started getting into Star Wars but I started playing Star Wars Galaxies (MMO) in 2004, up until SOE bent it over and did nasty things to it in Nov 2005. These days I'm back playing the SWG Emulator that's being developed. I've read quite a lot of the EU and lately, as my son has been getting into Star Wars, been getting into the Clone Wars and Rebels animated series.

To be honest, because of the family situation, I currently have absolutely zero free time or spare cash. (Not helped by the fact that the wife doesn't like Star Wars. So I've been pointing out to her all of the charity work that the 501st do). So it's going to be quite a while until I'm able to start getting involved in anything. Until then I'll continue to lurk and look in envy upon other people's creations.... and research and plan. (Or if anyone's got any ideas about how I can help out from home or work, I'm open to suggestions).

Reading these and the detachment forums has gotten me quite excited about putting something together though. Like every infantyman I've got a decent amount of experience in tweaking, adjusting and painting field gear so I'm looking forward to trying something new.

My initial thoughts for a first set of gear are to do a Kashyyyk Trooper and I think I'm going to stick with that. My initials are CB, I like doing something different to what other people are doing and it suits my background.

Other gear I'm interested in include:
- Standard stormtrooper: Don't mind which one but I figure it's useful for times when you need a lot of stormtroopers for an event.
- ARC Trooper (Null Class): Red and black trim... classy.
- CC Deviss: Different, complex and still looks good.... with binoulars.
- RC Sev: just.... plain... badarse
- Sandtrooper: more "down and dirty"

Fantasy creation: a custom Bounty Hunter build based on one of my SWG toons
[Image: Seccropped.jpg]

So that's pretty much me. Aaaah
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Don't mind my lurking - by Bally - Wednesday 13-May-2015, 04:33 PM
Don't mind my lurking - by Duras - Wednesday 13-May-2015, 04:52 PM
RE: Don't mind my lurking - by monion25 - Wednesday 13-May-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: Don't mind my lurking - by Disco - Wednesday 13-May-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Don't mind my lurking - by Dw - Wednesday 13-May-2015, 05:45 PM