hey
Welcome to Redback Garrison!
Research research research, watch and read all the builds and re watch and read again... and then save$$!!

Decide your character and memorise the CRL... everyone on here is very helpful and they are the guru's so follow their guidance.
You can't buy our costumes because they have to be built but THATS the fun. Its a fantastic process going through a build (fantastic today, yesterday was another story) The rollerocaster of frustration but its the love of it... and I LOVE IT!!

Don't forget if ur down south then get to Dreamworld on May 14/15 for our last Dreamworld Stormtrooper day where all lots of us will be there :-)

So to answer your question: My question is how can i possibly get the costume if i can't buy it?

SHORT ANSWER: you have to build it from scratch.

LONG ANSWER: you have to build it from scratch!!

I will give you an example. I'm currently (MADLY and FEVERISHLY) finishing off my TK (Stormtrooper) so it can get approved by the powers that be before I can wear it to Dreamworld!!! see http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=11210

Your process will be different - but still similar - sourced, bought, build andreferenced!! - and communication and references will be different detachments (eg sith lord as mentioned above for you. FISD for me)
So go onto your detachment and introduce yourself; search the site for specific build threads for your character and have a look through them all.

On this detachment site you will have resources or where to get the "stuff". For me, we get a big brown box of plastic pretty much!! Then from there we trim cut everything to size and glue, rivet, screw, and velcro everything together to the very specific nature as outlined on the CRL and build thread and reference photo guides. Its VERY specific in some instances down to the type and mm! So do your research. Sourcing "stuff" is primarily on the internet (try to stay away from EVIL BAY as most of this isn't 501st approved) Best to ask ppl where you can source it or if someone can make it eg - hard parts like the stormtrooper have a number of preferred resources (found on FISD); soft parts (capes etc) can usually be made and once again ask on the forums if there is someone on 501st locally or around the world that makes them to 501st standard. A I said it is a PROCESS!!! But fun!!!

hope this gives you a bit more of a picture.... keep asking questions to clarify anything :-)Peace
DancingTK Gix
DW2016 DW2017
DW2018 GCSN19 
SN19  

Save

Messages In This Thread
hey - by Darth Ruserius - Sunday 1-May-2016, 03:49 PM
RE: hey - by Scotty33 - Sunday 1-May-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: hey - by Studio 49 - Sunday 1-May-2016, 04:35 PM
RE: hey - by Phantom - Sunday 1-May-2016, 05:19 PM
RE: hey - by Imperial Drone - Sunday 1-May-2016, 06:25 PM
RE: hey - by Sly - Monday 2-May-2016, 11:24 AM