Fresh face in Townsville
Hello all!!! Finally taking the plunge and joining the forums as a start. Just moved to Townsville. Drove up the coast and stopped into Dreamworld and saw you all there and it was just great, you all looked awesome.

So I am thinking maybe Commander Cody or Sev from Republic Commando. I have a few questions though.

Firstly it sounds odd asking this the more I think of it but are there clone specific events? Every time I see you guys at conventions it's always a literal white wash of storm troopers and the one or two clones seem... Out of place, for lack of a better word. I know it's all one big family and it's not for us it's for the kids but just for me I think I would feel a bit odd being the only clone at an event. Not a major issue just... More of a passing observation that got me thinking.

My second question is about non canon costumes. I ducked over to the related forum earlier and was blown away by the work. Saw a samurai Vader that looked top notch.

Would it be possible to troop in non canon armour? I have the strong feeling that this is a no which isn't a problem at all. Rules are rules. But I have seen a photo of a "gangster" storm trooper. Bright red with a matching boom box and gold necklaces. Mostly just a silly costume but effective none the less. So are there events which allow non cannon trooping? I just can't help but think how much fun a bunch of novelty costumes marching around would be. As I said though. Not a big deal if it's not allowed. Smile

Anyway I'll leave it there. Thanks for all your good work in the world guys and girls. Keep on keeping on.

Messages In This Thread
Fresh face in Townsville - by Freebodz - Monday 23-May-2016, 10:52 PM
RE: Fresh face in Townsville - by Cyclops - Tuesday 24-May-2016, 05:40 AM
RE: Fresh face in Townsville - by muppet - Tuesday 24-May-2016, 07:27 AM
RE: Fresh face in Townsville - by Freebodz - Tuesday 24-May-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: Fresh face in Townsville - by DannytheBlue - Tuesday 24-May-2016, 06:05 AM
RE: Fresh face in Townsville - by Scotty33 - Tuesday 24-May-2016, 06:58 AM
RE: Fresh face in Townsville - by Altair - Tuesday 24-May-2016, 07:01 AM
RE: Fresh face in Townsville - by Sly - Tuesday 24-May-2016, 07:30 AM
RE: Fresh face in Townsville - by pecklez - Tuesday 24-May-2016, 07:43 AM
RE: Fresh face in Townsville - by Gix - Tuesday 24-May-2016, 10:01 AM
RE: Fresh face in Townsville - by seantrooper - Tuesday 24-May-2016, 12:38 PM