Hi from Morningside & help requested
Hi everyone,

I’m brand new to the world of trooping! I have been wanting to get into it for years now, and have finally built up the courage (and budget) to give it a go. I’ve been a SW fan ever since my cousins who babysat me and my siblings brought over ANH on VHS many many years ago Smile My nickname here is my real world personalised rego plate!

After doing some research I ordered a ANH TK stormtrooper kit (trimmed) from Authentic Props, which will hopefully arrive by the end of November. I also got the accessories pack from AP and will still need to source boots, undersuit and a neck seal. I was hoping to get a blaster through one of AP’s contacts but due to replica weapon import restrictions that won’t be possible and I’ll have to figure out a solution for that.

At first I wanted to buy a ready-to-wear set of armour, as I have never assembled a kit before and I consider myself rather DIY-challenged, lol. I’m way too scared I’ll muck something up and snap a bit of armour in half or something. But the members at Ladies of the Legion on FB recommended I get in touch with my local garrison to ask for advice and help putting a kit together, since that will obviously get me a much better fit that will actually have a much better chance of getting approved. And that is the end goal of course, so here I am!

So a couple of questions.

-         Can anyone recommend a supplier for an undersuit and neck seal?
-         I’m looking at Imperial Boots for the white boots. Are they a reputable mob?
-         Anyone in Australia that can make a 501st approved E-11 Trooper blaster?
-         Last but not least; are there any garrison members who would be willing to help me assemble my kit once it arrives (I’m in Morningside, Brisbane)? Ladies of the Legion mentioned ‘build parties’, is that something you guys do?

I’m excited to hopefully soon become a part of the awesome 501st Legion, until then please be kind to a troop n00b, I know I have lots to learn still but I’ll eventually get there, I promise Wink

Cheers,
Esther
(Morningside, Brisbane)

Messages In This Thread
Hi from Morningside & help requested - by XW1N6 - Sunday 30-Sep-2018, 03:28 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by Cyclops - Sunday 30-Sep-2018, 05:22 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by Slide Effect - Sunday 30-Sep-2018, 05:53 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by Sly - Sunday 30-Sep-2018, 06:09 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by MammaSith - Sunday 30-Sep-2018, 07:51 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by XW1N6 - Sunday 30-Sep-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by MammaSith - Sunday 30-Sep-2018, 07:59 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by XW1N6 - Sunday 30-Sep-2018, 08:11 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by Wendell - Monday 1-Oct-2018, 06:47 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by Kelz - Tuesday 2-Oct-2018, 12:44 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by Teiwaz - Tuesday 2-Oct-2018, 03:30 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by Cre8tiv - Tuesday 2-Oct-2018, 09:23 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by Ashlyn_Dubreas - Thursday 4-Oct-2018, 09:40 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by Dreadnought - Thursday 4-Oct-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by XW1N6 - Saturday 6-Oct-2018, 10:39 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by Moo - Sunday 7-Oct-2018, 05:10 AM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by hyperlance - Thursday 18-Oct-2018, 10:52 AM
Hi from Morningside & help requested - by Squid - Thursday 18-Oct-2018, 08:58 PM
RE: Hi from Morningside & help requested - by XW1N6 - Thursday 18-Oct-2018, 09:51 PM