Rebel Legion:
Jeadus Teal
Gene Neon

Gabbi (Benji's better half)
Captain Confused
Captain Cosmic
2 Starlight volunteers

Details:
Answering a call for some public morale boosting at one of the local hospitals some of the local redback troops sallied forth to help raise spirits and crush depression as we crush rebellion. The troopers all met at the local entertainment centre in the hospital where it was a case of Deja vu until 2 jedi stopped in to try and show that they weren't all Gungan loving terrorists and wanted to help the kids too.

Once again we were split into two groups, but not before we all had gone up to surprise a boy who was having his 6th birthday party.
One of our first visits was to a little girl called Jade who got such a massive kick out of seeing us and impressed us all with her Star
Wars knowledge!!! We kept up our morale boosting on the wards before we went back down to our new operations base were we partook of some liquid H20.

Then it was back up to the wards with many kids really glad to see us. Another young boy called Leith was also a massive fan and the nurses made it known that we HAD to drop in - and again we were blown away with his Star Warsiness!!! Before long it was time to head back down and change back to civilian garb and after some further catching up we all made our way back into the ordinary world.

Charity Funds Raised:
N/A

Injuries / Malfunctions:
N/A

Public Incidents:
The other group mentioned that Benji managed to scare a little boy and made him cry like a krayt dragon.
Also the girl Jade wanted the Jedi to saber off "Darth Vaders" head.
We also met one of the staff who has the unfortunate nickname of 'Jar-Jar', though she didn't look like a Gungan. Wink

Mission Status:
Complete Success of course. We don't do mission failures in the 501st.

Photos:

http://s45.photobucket.com/user/501qld/l...t=4&page=1

[Image: IMG_2188.jpg]
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
Fantastic Job everyone and very rewarding day too I bet!
Well done guys Smile
Yep another great day and we were all blown away with quite a number of the kids who were star wars fans.
@ redpaint - just edited it a bit for you and put in those dirty rebels identities!!!
DW2011CVICVII
(Sunday 25-Aug-2013, 08:12 PM)Doc Wrote:  Yep another great day and we were all blown away with quite a number of the kids who were star wars fans.
@ redpaint - just edited it a bit for you and put in those dirty rebels identities!!!

Cheers Doc.
[Image: forumsig3.jpg]
This was a really special hospital visit. So many brave little ones and so many Star Wars fans (though a lot of staff thought we were 'scary'!) ...My first cry and another troopers too....though he probably wouldn't admit it...
Awesome work all!! Smile
Great work troopers.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
Awesome work Troopers :3

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. "They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow and the Gauntlet of the Republic"

[Image: sig1.jpg]
It really was the most rewarding thing i had done in a very long time
Ok I will own up it was me. But when the mum said that young Jade had googled us and knew the story of a certain Jawas attempt to steal a lolly pop and a trooper making her return it I broke. Just really cool to know that we really are brightening these kids day Smile
great job team
DW2012 TO DW2015
BN11 TO BN14
:GCSN12: TO GCSN15

(Sunday 25-Aug-2013, 09:17 PM)Rebelrach Wrote:  This was a really special hospital visit. So many brave little ones and so many Star Wars fans (though a lot of staff thought we were 'scary'!) ...My first cry and another troopers too....though he probably wouldn't admit it...

(Monday 26-Aug-2013, 06:10 PM)blueski Wrote:  Ok I will own up it was me. But when the mum said that young Jade had googled us and knew the story of a certain Jawas attempt to steal a lolly pop and a trooper making her return it I broke. Just really cool to know that we really are brightening these kids day Smile

Awesome story Rach & Blueski, Bucket off to you both.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sticky - Hospital Troop reports Doc 0 12,099 Monday 23-Dec-2013, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Doc
Troop Report Mater Childrens Hospital Starlight Rooms Troop Report Sunday 26 May 2013 Rebelrach 8 18,936 Friday 31-May-2013, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach
Troop Report Troop Report -Red Cross - Hospital Troop, Gold Coast - 29 December 2012 APOK 13 25,530 Monday 18-Feb-2013, 03:26 PM
Last Post: APOK