Love from Sunshine Coast!
Hi! my name is Ashleigh, i'm 24 and I'm from the sunny coast. I am really keen on joining the 501st and pretty set on becoming an ID (Imperial Officer) I really need some sources on patterns to make my costume however and I am willing to buy a basic kit and make my own alterations to suit 501st requirements. Can anyone recommend to me a place to get started? Also I'm tiny! standing at exactly 5ft!

can't wait to be a fully fledged member so I can meet new people and have a great time all for a good cause!

hope to hear from you all soon!

- Ash
[Image: SIG_zpsed128473.jpg]
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12
GCSN13 :DW13:
Another Sunshine Coastian!

Greetings, I'm from the Sunshine Coast, and to paraphrase Luke Skywalker: if there's a bright centre of the Sunshine Coast then I'm on the planet it is furthest from. Actually, there are a few others now further than I am.

Welcome aboard. I'm sure the expert seamspeople will be along shortly.
Hey,
Are you looking at the Imperial Officer specifically?

Or would you consider an Imperial Crewman?

Some of us have the Crewman, but the smallest jumpsuits are still too big for us tiny people.

Beanie is trying to source some smaller jumpsuits for us, so keep an eye out for his progress.

Imperial Crewman is a good costume. It's simple and relatively cheap to obtain, and once you add the gloves to it, you have a whole different costume, and become a TIE Reserve Pilot.

Yay, 2 costumes, just by adding gloves.

Your boots will end up being the most expensive part, but the good news is, once you have them, they can be worn with other costumes, so they're a good investment.

Welcome! Jig
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
Welcome to the Redbacks Ash. This would be a good place to start with your research. http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/
I survived Dreamworld 2010:dw11:DW2012:DW13:
I survived Supanova 2010:sn11::cv:CVI
Also, check out Juno Eclipse.

Or Admiral Daala.
Great! thanks Sithprincess! would definitely be in Imperial Crewmen. I need small boots too - size 3 in mens =/ size 5 or 6 in ladies... my size has a lot to do with my choices in the 501st (which is why i'm not TK). i've been doing a heap of research though so i hope i've made the right choice... i can't be the only little one in 501st!
Welcome to the forum Ash, good luck with your costume I'm sure there will be plenty of members offering advice for you. Don't mind Phoenix, he get's sad when he realises he's lost the "trooper who travels furthest" title.
Stormtroopers: instant recognition combined with complete anonymity
:GCSN12: DW2012 BN12 GCSN13 :DW13:
(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 02:19 PM)BIDS Wrote:  Don't mind Phoenix, he get's sad when he realises he's lost the "trooper who travels furthest" title.

hehe i already travel to Brisbane for roller derby (NBR!!)
Jawas are good. Smile

Also, Jawas and Juno Eclipse get you into the Rebel Legion aswell, kinda like dual membership.

That's if you want to be a rebel too. Aaaah

Smile
(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 02:20 PM)Sithprincess Wrote:  That's if you want to be a rebel too.

501st is my 1st priority. rebel is something i may consider but there's something sexy about being bad!! haha
Roller Derby's cool! Punk

I'm way too much of a precious princess to do that. Hehehe

I prefer doing the Roller Skating Dancing. It's kinda like figure skating, but it's more like dancing, with set routines etc.

I think some of the Derby girls go to skating classes where I used to go, over at Browns Plains. Smile

Maybe you could make some wicked droid costume, where you skate around. Lol
Have a look at Mara Jade too.
(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 02:24 PM)Sithprincess Wrote:  Maybe you could make some wicked droid costume, where you skate around.

one of the guys i know has the derby name GNRL Grievance and he was going to make a full costume to skate around in... too much damage if he fell over though!
cool, welcome sunny coaster ashbash... i think the best place for ID gear is from a nice little place called cosplaysky.com ill post in a few minutes to help you on ur quest!
<p>
[Image: CtjvZdX.gif]
FNG
Distance traveled to troop: 98462kms
Once member of TAG before Redback was a squad, Redback Inter-Garrison Officer (2010-2012) & Merchandise officer (2015-2017) and Tatooine Base Command 2012-2016
</p>
Welcome to the Redbacks Ashbash Doppeldaumen1 . An Imperial Crew costume is a nice and fairly easy build to start with, but there are a few female Officers around and I'm sure they will be able to give you a few more pointers when they see this.

Also if you are near Brisbane (Eatons Hill) this Sat (24th)there is an armour party on where you can come along meet us and see what goes into making up some armour. Also there is no size requirement to be a Stormtrooper, and its a fact that small targets are harder to hit, just ask a jawa. Jawa

Gotta love roller derby Notworthy
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
(Tuesday 20-Mar-2012, 02:41 PM)stormraven Wrote:  Also if you are near Brisbane (Eatons Hill) this Sat (24th)there is an armour party on where you can come along meet us and see what goes into making up some armour.

hmmm i could put myself in the area. I love a good party! would have to ask the boss (my boyfriend)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New recruit - Sunshine Coast danstanfield 11 568 Saturday 30-Dec-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: danstanfield
  Sunshine Coast Intro dlrmatrix 7 2,980 Friday 11-Sep-2020, 08:03 AM
Last Post: scoot040
  Sunshine Coast Intro dlrmatrix 0 845 Saturday 29-Aug-2020, 11:48 AM
Last Post: dlrmatrix