Don't mind my lurking
G'day all.

I have been aware of the 501st for a long time now but never gotten around to doing anything about it. My details:

Job: been in the Army for 25 years. Most of that has been in Infantry however I made a late career change and have been flying helicopters for the last few years. Due to the job I've lived all over the country but am now back in Brisbane and planning on not leaving again.
Key Traits: Anal retentive perfectionist that researches everything to within an inch of its life before making a decision, which drives my wife crazy Hehehe

I can't remember when I started getting into Star Wars but I started playing Star Wars Galaxies (MMO) in 2004, up until SOE bent it over and did nasty things to it in Nov 2005. These days I'm back playing the SWG Emulator that's being developed. I've read quite a lot of the EU and lately, as my son has been getting into Star Wars, been getting into the Clone Wars and Rebels animated series.

To be honest, because of the family situation, I currently have absolutely zero free time or spare cash. (Not helped by the fact that the wife doesn't like Star Wars. So I've been pointing out to her all of the charity work that the 501st do). So it's going to be quite a while until I'm able to start getting involved in anything. Until then I'll continue to lurk and look in envy upon other people's creations.... and research and plan. (Or if anyone's got any ideas about how I can help out from home or work, I'm open to suggestions).

Reading these and the detachment forums has gotten me quite excited about putting something together though. Like every infantyman I've got a decent amount of experience in tweaking, adjusting and painting field gear so I'm looking forward to trying something new.

My initial thoughts for a first set of gear are to do a Kashyyyk Trooper and I think I'm going to stick with that. My initials are CB, I like doing something different to what other people are doing and it suits my background.

Other gear I'm interested in include:
- Standard stormtrooper: Don't mind which one but I figure it's useful for times when you need a lot of stormtroopers for an event.
- ARC Trooper (Null Class): Red and black trim... classy.
- CC Deviss: Different, complex and still looks good.... with binoulars.
- RC Sev: just.... plain... badarse
- Sandtrooper: more "down and dirty"

Fantasy creation: a custom Bounty Hunter build based on one of my SWG toons
[Image: Seccropped.jpg]

So that's pretty much me. Aaaah
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Welcome Smile sounds like you'll fit in fine around here
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi and welcome.
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16
Welcome, Sac - I'm also just starting my journey - I'm going with an ROTJ trooper, and I think Sandy would be my next one if things go well - I too have a partner who doesn't get the Star Wars thing - she does get the doing good deeds thing however so that may be your saving grace... good luck!
Hi Sac,
Welcome to the Redbacks.
Joyner eh good to see another North Brisneyland member.
See if you can get a pass to an event and meet the troops in person and then you can start wrangling from there.
Nice to meet you
Cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Welcome Sac
Our North side contingent is growing, great to see. Seems like you have some big plans ahead already.
This is a hobby that requires research so I think you are going to love it once you get started.
As DW has stated, try and get along to one of our troops and meet some members, we are always up for a chat, we can then verify you and upgrade your status so you gain more access to the web site.
There are also detachment website for the various costumes, eg. The Stormtrooper detachment is called FISD (First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment) www.whitearmor.net. This is the home of all things shines white, and the biggest resource you will find for Stormies.
Again Welcome to the Redback forums.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Don't forget soft costume options as well as they can be easier on a budget e.g. Tie reserve pilot can be made in to a tie pilot later by adding the armour parts

But saying that first costume you do it is normally best to pick the one that is your fave as it helps with motivation Wink
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome Sac. Visit the Pathfinders for all things scout. We have a serving grunt biker scout in the garrison, and there is a Kashyyyk Trooper and an RC Sev not far from you. I'll leave them to introduce themselves, but you'll find plenty of folks with lots in common here.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Welcome Sac,
Let your wife know there are quite a few ladies like myself who armour up, I love Star Wars but there are some who have joined because they love the charity work. My kids are in the galactic academy as well. I do have say though my hubby followed me into the Redbacks so he could spend time with me, now he's hooked and we LOVE it.
It's the best way to meet new friends.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Thanks guys. I've already joined the detachment forums for the above outfits and have been going through them with a fine-tooth comb.

My wife had actually said to me a couple of days ago "hey did you know that group you've been talking about is at Go Blue for Autism this weekend", but we've already got something else on. So my plan is to take the family to the Albany Fair on 31 May, which I believe is at All Saints School (I can't access details of events), and catch-up there. Not sure how long it goes for but if you're still around after the kids go to bed I might be able to duck back out.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Hi again Sac, will be good to see you at the Albany Creek Fair. Once we meet you in person we will verify you so you can gain access to the events page for sign on's to wrangle until you have an approved costume, then you can Troop..
See you at the Fair.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome Craig! Don't worry about lurking - it's what we cadets do really. Eventually we evolve from lurkers into troopers Smile
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Dirty boys represent Northside Massive!
.... It's alright for you to judge me,
sitting up there in your airconditioned battle Cruiser!...

[Image: bfb80cfde9949491.png]
:gcsn12:
:dw12:
Another Northsider..might have to start an outpost...lol. welcome.
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
Bit late to the party but after finding your post over on BSN, looked you up here so, welcome to the RBG.
Pretty informative intro, shot.

Did 8 & a half yrs Infantry myself though NZ Wink
What server did you play SWG?
Europe-Farstar was my main, running 3 accounts, DSJ, Comdo, BH, Officer, Medic, Trader, Ent, still miss those days Sad

jAG
[Image: SigII.jpg]
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter".
Ernest Hemingway