Hi all another newbie
Evening all,
My name is Craig and Im on the Northside of Brisbane.
Been waiting to join for years,but as I am a coating/corrosion inspector my line of work only allowed myself to be home for 6-8 weeks a year sporadically.
Now back in Brisbane I am very keen to be active where I can.
Preferably like to purchase a storm trooper out fit as I have to work 6 days a week 12 hours a day ,so time to make a costume is a bit limited.
Any advice or help will be very much appreciated.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Regards

Sorry double post is this outfit worthy?

http://originalstormtrooper.com/
Another Craig from northside Brisbane. Sweeeeet.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Hey MjrD

nothing worth doing is rushed Smile between my armour parts arriving and starting to work on them (cause too scared to do anything) was 2 months. After that was another 4 months before approval pics went in

If you looking at joining the proud ranks of the shiny and white join up to the www.whitearmor.net forums as well
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi Craig and welcome to the Redback forums.
Duras has pointed you in the right direction, Whitearmor, also known as FISD (First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment), is a mind blowing trove of info on all things Stormtrooper . Prepared yourself to be overwhelmed, but fear not, we are here to help.
I am Sly11 over there and on the boards everyday. It will be your new home for research as you delve into becoming a TK, that's what we call Stormies.
Ask lots of questions, and always ask for help when you need it.
Enjoy the journey.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Friday 22-May-2015, 10:40 PM)Sly Wrote:  Hi Craig and welcome to the Redback forums.
Duras has pointed you in the right direction, Whitearmor, also known as FISD (First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment), is a mind blowing trove of info on all things Stormtrooper . Prepared yourself to be overwhelmed, but fear not, we are here to help.
I am Sly11 over there and on the boards everyday. It will be your new home for research as you delve into becoming a TK, that's what we call Stormies.
Ask lots of questions, and always ask for help when you need it.
Enjoy the journey.
Thanks Sly after some research Ill be making my Armour.
Welcome to the forums, Craig!
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
(Saturday 23-May-2015, 02:10 PM)MjrD Wrote:  Thanks Sly after some research Ill be making my Armour.

What's your plan for this mate? I'm looking at a Kashyyyk Trooper and the 2 suppliers seem to be incommunicado, so I'm starting to accept I might have to try and make my own. I've looked at some threads about it but I still don't have the first idea of where to start or whether I even have the skills to do it. Cost is another issue for me which is steering me away from buying it.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Hi Sac
After joining the 1st imperial stormtrooper detachment,link supplied by Duras in a above post and recommended by sly aswell.

The Armour I was looking at is a recast,over priced and not recommended by the US 501st unless modified with some expense.

The site does have a list of recommended sellers in the getting started topic.

So i rather play it safe and get it right the first time at a manageable cost, hence building my own.

I hope this helps,but Im sure the senior members could help you better than I.
Rgrds
Craig
Welcome to the forums. This is a great group of guys and ladies. Very friendly and eager to help. I'm sure you'll be in good hands when you start your first build, and all those that will innevitably follow. Wink

Cheers
Welcome mate. Good to see another north sider joining.
Can you outrun a rocket.... How about we find out.

DW2015
Welcome Doppeldaumen1
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Welcome to the Redbacks!

My first costume was a Stormtrooper - and I still love it! It's the most iconic, and quite frankly - the coolest!
(Dont let those scouts try and convince you otherwise!)
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Hi there and welcome.

You have got some good info on stormtroopers. Sign up on FISD and get in touch with the vetted resellers for the best kit that will suit your body type and budget.

I would also suggest that you have a read of these couple of threads:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6719

Good luck and have fun!
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15