WannaBTrooper
Hi All,
I have finally made the plunge and signed up.
Since I saw the doco earlier this year I have wanted to join so now I have.
All I need to do now is arrange to get some armour...but where to start...I have read all the posts and I will keep well away from E-Bay. I have also done some other research and I have read the Studio Creations website...WOW a lot of work, I don't mind a bit of hard work when it will be worth it in the end.
So now I just need some help I guess in figuring out how to go about getting all this done. I am looking at a Storm Trooper. The studio creations website was a bit scary to be honest not even sure where to begin with that Smile Can the armour be bought or do you have to make them from scratch? Also with money tight all over at the moment any ideas on how much a suit will cost?
I really want to get out and start trooping looks like great fun and I want in Jig
Please any help or direction would be appreciated.
I look forward to hearing from you guys and maybe catching up sometime.
Cheers
Steve
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
hi steve, welcome to the redbacks !

there are many makers of TK (stormtrooper) armour. Your best bet is to take your time and RESEARCH, RESEARCH AND EVEN MORE RESEARCH before you spend your hard earned credits.

Also send muppet a PM, hes the man to talk to about armour as he's our GML.
Try to make your way to an armour party to see other trooper's armour (i am in townsville so I personally havent gone to one lol, but they sound great), I believe there is one coming up very shortly actually.
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
I there Steve, welcome to the Redbacks. For info on TK/Stormtrooper makes, you may want to shoot Muppet a PM, he'll point you in the right direction. The one bit of advice I can give is do your research really will and start saving you $. Try to get along to an AP (Armour Party) or a troop to wrangle (help out), that will give you an idea how we do things. Anyway hope that's some help, enjoy!Smile
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Ok Steve..... First thing you should do is get a different username.... I suggest "Phantom".....[Image: icon_rollinglol.gif]

I kid, I kid..... Hehehe

Welcome to the Redbacks, Steve. Wink

It's been a while since I bought a TK. So I have no idea what you will be up for now. I've had mine for 18 or so months. And I still love my AP armour. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

Back in the day when I was in the market for my TK I changed my mind on what I wanted. So glad I didn't rush in and spend the $$$.

Come to an Armour Party (AP) and see the types of armour that our members have. That's the best way to decide which way to go.

Good luck and have fun.Doppeldaumen1
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Welcome to the redbacks steve! Nothing on here that hasnt been said already, just take your time, read the forums and within a few weeks you'll know exactly whats going on and get to know everybody, at least online anyway Smile AP is always a good place to put faces to names and a good old discussion about everything. As for prices of armour..... mine was fairly recently purchased, i'll send you a PM of costs etc that i incurred.

Looking forward to trooping with you in the future!
hey mate welcome to the redbacks. yea i just bought all my gear for my stormtrooper like 3 weeks ago. best shooting Muppet a PM and ask around. pretty much what every one told me to do lol.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Hi and welcome.

Nothin much extra to add from whats above except this...

ask questions, lots of questions, no question is a stupid question except the unasked one.
Pretty much everyone here will be more then willing to try to answer any questions you have.
-----------------------------
DW2012
~ Because overkill is never enough ~

Stuff I do...
- Stormtrooper
- Imperial Officer
- Photographer (Canon EOS 7D)
- Paramedic (NSW Ambulance)
Welcome!

I have an Armour party on this weekend to fix up a few things, so you're welcome to come and have a look at some stuff if you like. It's on Saturday, on the southside.

An Armour party, or AP, is just an informal get together, so we can fix/build Armour and other gear, have a chat and a Lunch. Lunch is usually a BBQ, Pizza, or whatever is handy. People new to this, like yourself, can use it as an opportunity to see the armour first hand, while not being worn, and check out he different types, and their strengths and weaknesses.

Feel free to drop by. Private message (PM) me for the address.
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
WELCOMEWavey
Thanks everyone for the welcome and the help.

Scotsman...I was thinking about changing my name to Phantom Smile

I will send Muppet a message and try and sound him out on a few things..thanks.

Definetly interested in an armour party to check things out and meet a few of you and have a chat...will get hold of you Wolf and get your address and time.

Thanks again everyone.
Cheers
Steve

BN14GCSN15
Welcome Steve,.... er, I mean Phantom.
To Change your name, go to your User CP at the top right of your page and then select "change user name" from the options on the left.
Welcome to the boards, Steve!

I've had my armour a little over 18months now, and it's one of the better investments I've made! Contrary to all the advice I was given, I didn't wait, I didn't research, I just bought the first set of armour I found. Luckily, I didn't get stung - and have a decent set of FX stormtrooper armour as a result. A lot of other people haven't been quite as lucky, and have ended up getting caught. Ask Sniper about his set of Rubies armour...

(Rubies is the antichrist!)

Trooping is great fun! Welcome to the Garrison!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome to the Garrison Steve! Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, no matter how dumb they sound, someone will be more than happy to answer them.

(Tuesday 6-Jul-2010, 08:25 AM)cobra Wrote:  To Change your name, go to your User CP at the top right of your page and then select "change user name" from the options on the left.

btw the name change thingy doesn't work... i've tried Smile
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Thanks Smile

I know I have just tried it...didn't work...Oh well...

(Tuesday 6-Jul-2010, 08:38 AM)michael Wrote:  Welcome to the Garrison Steve! Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, no matter how dumb they sound, someone will be more than happy to answer them.

(Tuesday 6-Jul-2010, 08:25 AM)cobra Wrote:  To Change your name, go to your User CP at the top right of your page and then select "change user name" from the options on the left.

btw the name change thingy doesn't work... i've tried Smile

BN14GCSN15
(Tuesday 6-Jul-2010, 08:25 AM)Moxxxie Wrote:  Ask Sniper about his set of Rubies armour...

(Rubies is the antichrist!)

How very right you are Moxxxie. I bought a set of this evil armour without doing my research. Once I started posting here and realised my mistake, I sold it asap without opening the box. I didn't loose too much on it, but taught me a valuable lesson, RESEACH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH.

Then ask questions, a lot of questions, then buy. my2cents
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)