DW2015 Troop Report
Date: 23rd and 24th of May 2015

Venue:Dreamworld, Dreamworld Parkway. Coomera. Queensland. Australia.

Time:Saturday 6.30am (to be armoured and ready for the group photo by 8.00am) to 5.00pm.

Sunday 8.30am (to be armoured and ready for the photo booth by 9.00am) to 9.00pm

Mission:To raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation.

Trooper Attendance:
RBG: TKID and username/costume
A lot!!

RL: Username & costume - mark N/A or delete if not applicable
Plenty

MM/GA etc: Username & costume - mark N/A or delete if not applicable
A couple of MM's and a lot of GA's

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:
Heaps!!!!!

Details:

DW2015 once again loomed as the jewel in the Star Wars communities crown in Australia. Troopers from VIC, NSW, WA and all over QLD converged again on DW! Not to mention our NZ trooper Oblivion from across the ditch. It was a great event to showcase what we are all about.

Again we had a great turn out with plenty of troopers there for the group photo in the morning. Our resident photographer Shutter did an amazing job again for the whole weekend.

With the parade led again by Chewie and some amazing speeder bikes, thanks to Payney and Scope, the crowds were once again amazed by what we do. With Saturday for the Biker Scout MotoCoaster ride and Sunday letting Jango and Boba having some father and son time feeding the 5.2m salt water crocodile, Goliath, it was a whole lot of family fun.

Again the Jedi Academy was very popular. On the Saturday there were about 70+ kids and well over 100+ kids on the Sunday. It was insane and it was great to be able t do something that elsewhere in the world only a select few get to do it. DW is all in for everyone!!!!

SvJ again showed that the dedication of the members that sign up to practice for months and then perform in front of a whole lot of people is outstanding. These members go out of their way to put on one of the, if not the best, lightsaber duel in the world. These members are not professional actors and actresses and most not professional swordspeople and yet I dare you to find something so well done by others, professional or amateur to rival this spectacle. Great work team.

Again the bump in and out crews did a great job and a big thanks to all the troopers, rebels and mandos who put the time in and manned the booths, wrangled when needed, guarded props, organised troopers and to those that ran when I bellowed (sorry, but you all know I get a bit testy on this weekend).

Thanks to all that attended and I hope you all had a good time.

DW2016 has been approved by Disney and now we are just getting the dates squared away with DW. Looks like it will be mid to late May again next year. I will keep you all posted.

Let's make DW2016 bigger and better. If you have any ideas please let me know via PM. New Photobooth protocols are being set for next year so no need to send ideas for that.

Cheers
Apok

Charity Funds Raised: $8312.15

Injuries / Malfunctions: Unfortunately one of our GA kids, Eliza, was a cheeky little monkey and undid her wheelchair seat belt and fell breaking her leg. Eliza was in her X-wing pilot suit and it had to be cut to pieces to get to her injury. Luckily Eliza is doing ok and on the mend. Thanks to Mammasith, Madamsith and Sara Payne for then getting a brand new pilot suit sewn together to replace the one that had to be destroyed. Great work team.

Shutter took one too many photos on the Saturday and got a bit woozy with a migraine. She pulled it together for the MotoCoaster to take the pic for that.

Zerebin copped a flexing lightsaber blade to the cheek. Many people thought the SvJ started using special effects make up.

Public Incidents:

Mission Status: On a whole the weekend was a great success. We had plenty of troopers that traveled a long way to come up. That alone is a great effort and one of the reasons we do this troop. It is always great to have people from others Garrisons and Bases come and attend this event. I hope they had a great time.

Photos: The DW2015 Facebook photo page
Well done everyone! Awesome work and look at that charity total!!!!Jig

(Thursday 18-Jun-2015, 12:10 PM)APOK Wrote:  Thanks to Mammasith and Madamsith for then getting a brand new pilot suit sewn together to replace the one that had to be destroyed. Great work team.

Just wanted to add - Sara helped with the Eliza's new x-wing pilot suit too. Doppeldaumen1
Once again it was a great troop. Huge thankyou to all of the members involved in the planning of DW15!
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Its sound like it was absolutely awesome, and hopefully i can be there next year to experience it first hand.

Awesome awesome effort everyone.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Even though I could only be there for the sunday I had a great time hopefully next year will do both days.
Awesome job by everyone especially the organizers to get this running
hopefully TK will be ready and approved by then
BN14  
DW2015
DW2016 
DW2017
DW2018
Tie
Honor loyalty courage sacrifice
ADF / QFRES / 501ST / LIFE
And other countries! Wink
Thanks troopers for making the photography and filming such a Star Wars eye candy event for me and the public.
[Image: 18676908741_cd0aac2e52_c.jpg]
[Image: 18488419789_651b622913_b.jpg]
[Image: 18670300962_f1795b382e_b.jpg]
[Image: 18677066861_83756852ef_b.jpg]
[Image: 18486977268_88e7fa9636_c.jpg]
[Image: 18676949411_770691646e_b.jpg]
[Image: 18670283492_6f8453fdc2_c.jpg]
[Image: 17999610931_20fb0345c9_b.jpg]

My friend who donated his time to do some aerial photography early Saturday morning was most impressed by all of your costumes.
[Image: 18669592352_454650c890_b.jpg]
Video clips will be coming soon. Awesome work everyone see you next year when DW Awakens !!!
[Image: 5034518159_37cdf3e6d4_z.jpg]
So much fun, got to do a little wrangling, watch some washed out imax special edition, probably mildly irritated everyone :hehehe: (I think I owe apok a small brewery at this point), can't wait for next year when I've got something to troop in, this year I felt so naked! (Next year I'll have to get a photo of me at the measure up pole with that weirdo in the background).

Also looking forward to all those cut cables being reattached (even though I missed the cut down version of the laser show because I was drooling all over moxxxies swap meet table),

Great news that were back next year, awestruck thanks from me to everyone involved in organising this year and for the work they'll have organising next year, a burden that I hope I can lessen anywhere and anytime I can help you, just ask and I'll be there!
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Was a great weekend and had lots of fun, great job everyone. Can't wait for next year
TK 19749
Congratulations to everyone who took part in DW2015. Also to those who organised and ran the stalls and the work in the background. Of course a huge thanks and congrats to APOK also.

Arienh and I had our first taste of DW this year. Straight in at the deep end. It was fantastic. We learnt so much about the whole trooping phenomenon. We were lost, I have to admit, in what was a huge Troop to have as our first. But the experience was surreal.

DW2016. I can't wait for it. Arienh and I can't wait to put our names on the whiteboard of duty. The more we get to help out with, the better.

Bring on DW2016.
(Thursday 18-Jun-2015, 08:15 PM)Oblivian Wrote:  And other countries! Wink

Oops. Sorry mate.

And from across the ditch.
A great time was had by all from WA, thanks again troops, hope to be back for 2016 :D
[Image: ayiY6fB.gif]
Some great images there, SupaTrooper... thanks for sharing!
"I can't see a thing in this helmet."
Well done everyone it was great weekend. Thanks to Apok and everyone else that has a hand in organising such a great and big event.

Bring on next year

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 336 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Troop Report - Qld Air Museum Fast Jets Day - 23rd September 2023 Rebelrach 5 571 Friday 13-Oct-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Rebelrach
  Troop Report - Rise of Skywalker Midnight Screening - Indooroopilly satel 1 2,478 Monday 30-Dec-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Cyclops