Hello from Brisbane!
Greetings everybody

Figured it was time to introduce myself here.
My name is Jonah and I live in Queensland near Brisbane and I have just finished school last year and studying at Uni this year.
Through the last couple months I have been active on the Sith Lord Detachment Forum slowing building my dream Return of the Jedi Darth Vader and I figured it was about that began posting some of my progress here in a build thread.

I have loved love Star Wars since a very young age, although my introduction was a little obscure. My first memory was seeing someone in grade 2 with one of the cross section books and thinking what on earth is that? But it wasn't until grade 3 when I was in a Blockbuster Video Store where borrowed Episode 6 on VHS and Episode 1 on DVD. I know I watched episode 6 first but I don’t remember anything else about that first viewing, but I was hooked!

I love to build things and problem solve, which resulted in 3 bookshelves of Star Wars LEGO…. (but that is another story for another day) It also led me to wanting to learn about building other things. I love building furniture and doing other woodwork and have also learnt 3D modelling love using to model movie prop replicas which I 3D print. I have enjoyed using these skills to gradually build my Vader costume.[/align][/size]

I look forward to meeting other members on the forum!
Welcome Jonah. I'm a scout, so I'm biased towards episode 6, and I can see why it hooked you! Good luck with your Vader! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Looking forward to meeting you at a troop sometime soon.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
G'day mate. I'm pretty new here too so welcome.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Welcome to the Redback forums Jonah.
Good to hear you have a costume underway, and that your insight has served you well, to guide you to the SL Detachment.
What programme do you use for 3D modelling ? I am currently working on a project and thought it might be a good idea to utilise, such a thing.
Dont require the printing side, but just to design and rotate spacially.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome to the Redback forums!
Welcome!
I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
(Monday 22-Jun-2015, 12:11 PM)Sly Wrote:  Welcome to the Redback forums Jonah.
Good to hear you have a costume underway, and that your insight has served you well, to guide you to the SL Detachment.
What programme do you use for 3D modelling ? I am currently working on a project and thought it might be a good idea to utilise, such a thing.
Dont require the printing side, but just to design and rotate spacially.

Well there are many programs that you can use, with varying levels of features. Personally I use Autodesk Inventor 2014 because that is what I learnt on. I'm pretty sure but I think you can get a trial for Inventor, but don't hold me to that.

My general advice for those seeking to learn how to 3D model, it may look really complex, but with any new skill practice makes perfect. It's best just to start by fiddling about, starting simple and then slowly combining learn skills + methods to model more ambitious projects!

There are other programs that you can use (also dependant on operating system) and here are some excellent ones, see link or screen shots.
http://www.shapeways.com/creator/tools

I hope that this helps you with your question. If you every have any other questions I would be happy to try and answer them for you, maybe even get a thread going for this kind of thing.

Also thanks for the warm welcome to the forum everybody!

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%209.47.0...nlze9v.png]
[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%209.47.1...ld5my3.png]
[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%209.47.2...bvxxs4.png]
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
Distance Traveled To Troops =  4346.4km
Awesome, thanks for that.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
welcome aboard the Redback express sir!!
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Welcome brother Smile
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018