Indooroopilly State Primary School Fete (Indigo Fair)
It was a great day. As was recommended in Doc's excellent first outing guide thread, on my very first event I was observing the wrangling process, seeing what it involves, seeing how those in costumes interact with the public and with their support crew. Having Dark Dora as my guide helped a lot. Despite a little nervousness being in a new group, everyone was so welcoming, troopers and fellow cadets alike and that made it a lot easier. Altair asked me at the end of the day if I had been scared off - no way! Quite the opposite. I found it very motivating - both to get my costume finished so I can get out there and troop (those in costume are the rock stars, we humble wranglers are the roadies) as well as to continue wrangling and get better at it so I'm an asset to the troops. Cheers everyone for making it a great first event to be involved in. And my son Bailey had a great day too - he couldn't stop talking about how awesome Whitey's RC costume was. A future Redback in the works I think.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indooroopilly State Primary School Fete (Indigo Fair) - by Dreadnought - Tuesday 28-Jul-2015, 09:26 PM
Indooroopilly State Primary School Fete (Indigo Fair) - by Sly - Tuesday 28-Jul-2015, 09:37 PM
Indooroopilly State Primary School Fete (Indigo Fair) - by Diatium - Wednesday 29-Jul-2015, 08:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report Sandy Strait State School Family Fun Fair Troop Report Firestorm 2 508 Tuesday 14-Nov-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Firestorm
Troop Report Bray Park State School Fete Wrexham 4 612 Tuesday 12-Sep-2023, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Dark Dora
Troop Report Toowoomba East School Fete 2021 Bolt_2112 5 2,179 Tuesday 14-Sep-2021, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Slide Effect