I've finally done it.
G'day folks,

I'm Jarred, I'm 27, from CQ and last year a good mate of mine told me about the 501st and I was interested immediately but for various reasons I've just gotten around to registering. I've adored Star Wars since I was 8 and I have Asperger's (hence my username - and I realise I'm therefore a walking a cliche), so this cause is doubly significant to me. I wouldn't feel uneasy about attending any of the events; however, I'm rather frugal and not that good with my hands, so actually making a costume myself might be hard, though I would be happy to try (and I have numerous other commitments as I'm sure you all do). I'm also 6'4, so costume ideas like Gamorrean Guards et cetera are out. Bib Fortuna or General Grievous, however, may be possible. Of course there's also Vader et al but I know how common those are and I like standing out. Hehehe

Suggestions? Advice? I look forward to your replies.

Cheers,

Jarred
Hi jaspie,
Welcome to the Redbacks always lots of people here to get costume ideas from.
Cheers
[Image: sandtrooper_zps59e22898.png][Image: policeoffice_zps0af868af.png] "stay Dirty my friends" MEPD all the way
Cheers, Dw, I'm happy to join, and I can't wait to bring some joy where it's needed.
Welcome Jaspie!
DW2013 to DW2018
Ola. Where abouts in CQ do you hail from? We have troopers all over the place and it is always good to meet up with them and learn the ropes at a troop or pub for a beer.
Rockhampton. By the way, how do we upload profile pics?
Welcome mate.
[Image: aIWrVx8.gif]
Thanks, and ignore that question. As you can see I just figured it out.
Welcome
Welcome.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Welcome mate!
Welcome :-)
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
G'day Jarred and welcome to the forums. I'm in Rocky approximately every 5 weeks, happy to catch up next month when I'm up , usually stay there on a Monday night.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome.
Welcome, my friend.

I'm 6'8", so trust me, you have many options for costuming.

Keeping the budget low, take a look at one of the imperial uniforms. I went ANH Warrant Officer for my first costume (I'm one vogue covershoot away from applying for approval!).

A soft uniform like the Warrant Officer is relatively easy to put together (I took my time, and I've gotten everything in 3 months or so. And it's got a minimum of "greeblies" (accessories), the only 'fabrication' I've done was punch the holes in my belt and hat). However, be prepared for how much data you will burn on your phone looking for stuff!!!

Mine's going to be very useful for "wrangling" (watching out for your troopers at events) because you can do it in character, and not (ironically) stand out in the public's photos (although some would say I'd stand out in satellite photos Hehehe )

On this kind of uniform, the boots are the hardest part, its the old line of fast, cheap or good, pick two!

Hope that helps.
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19