Newby
G'day Redbacks. My name is Tony..I'm a 43yr old newby who has finally decided to have a go at joining the 501st. I acquired a armour kit (TK ANH..Stunt) a little while back, with all intention of assembling it to put on display in my living room. I have a 8yr old kid who also shares my interest in the SW saga and I/we've decided to build it to suit me to 501st spec. My daughter has had the pleasure of being at various events you guys have been at...and I'm a Mater Hospital outpatient (Cystic Fibrosis) and I'm up there doing various outpatient roles & have seen you guys visit the LCCH and see the joy you bring the youngins.

The StormTrooper (TK ANH) I grew up with and was/is forever etched in my mind. As an unwell child (but I'm still here..hence my tag "DEATHPROOF") that armour was/is way too cool. I'd like to jump in it to bring not only to relive my childhood but share it with my kid and all those like minded. I've been in contact with Phantom and researching the CRL's..and I'm on the way. Like the Phantom and joining 501st thread says...I'm introducing myself.

Quite I might be for a little while until I save up some more coin to source some other items. I will most likely be asking for input/help/advice soon.

Cheers Redbacks...I hope to Troop soon, cheers..Tony.
Welcome to the Redbacks, look forward to your build thread, don't be afraid to ask questions.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome Tony. Awesome that you have got everything rolling so soon.
While you're building come along to some events to wrangle and mingle, meet and greet. This is a great group of people and Iam sure you will have a ball and make some great new friends.

Cheers Adam.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Welcome to the Redbacks Tony.
Head on over and sign up on the Stormtrooper detachment http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
It is your go to resource for all things TK, an immensely populated treasure trove of information.
You will have no shortage of help on both forums, so ask loads of questions and have a good look at some build threads.
There are higher levels of accuracy you can build your amour to if you so desire.EIB and Centurion. These don't take too much work or added expense if you build with these in mind from the start.
Good luck on your journey and Ill see you on the boards.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome to the forums Tony, all the best with your TK build.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Thanx guys. Yes I've registered with the mentioned sites and checking out info that Phantom has recommended. I'm slowly working out/navigating my way around the Redback site (I'm currently forced to use my phone as my PC has issues ATM) so bare with me if..lol. I see there is some sort of friend/buddy thing and when I work it out don't be surprised if I buddy you nice enough to accept (or buddy/friend me if you like) so I can gain more knowledge on how this all works.

I read somewhere on here that the Redback Garrison is now officially recognised..outta probation (or is that old news???) like I mentioned, I'll work it out. Anyhoots...well done. Thanx again guyzzz and I hope to be in the mix soon.

Cheers, Tony.
Hey mate, glad you made it to the forums.

Enjoy all your reading. I meant to ask you before but do you know what make your kit is or where you got it from? Pics?
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
[attachment=3096][attachment=3097][attachment=3098]
(Saturday 10-Oct-2015, 03:25 PM)Phantom Wrote:  Hey mate, glad you made it to the forums.

Enjoy all your reading. I meant to ask you before but do you know what make your kit is or where you got it from? Pics?

Heya Phantom, A friend brought it back for me from the UK..he had to break up the box so it could be transported easier?? From what I know of it..it is called TK Armour? I'll try and attach some pics.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome to the forum's brother, i look forward to meeting you.
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
(Sunday 11-Oct-2015, 07:41 AM)Hydro Wrote:  Welcome to the forum's brother, i look forward to meeting you.

Cheers Hydro & likewise. I managed to attach some pics above in a previous post (I think/hope it worked..lol) I'm currently having to do everything off my phone atm..my PC has issues and I don't trust it till I get a geek out to sort it out. I have more pics but I'll have to get my PC up and running properly again so I can share them.

Cheers mate.
Welcome Deathproof Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Cheers everybody.
Phantom., attached is pics of the ???? helmet. As mentioned, I've used the wrong grey (my bad Banghead ..but me & my daughter took the assembly on as a school holiday project..I'll rectify it if the helmet is suitable to bring upto spec & fine tuning) One pic there it is next to an eFX helmet that is used for display purposes here at home. Let me know mate...

Cheers, Tony.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here's a tip for cleaning up the excess paint in between the teeth.
Tooth pick and dip it in turps. Gently scratch the paint away towards the holes in the frown. Do the same on the black on the ears to tidy the lines up a bit.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
(Monday 12-Oct-2015, 01:24 PM)Sly Wrote:  Here's a tip for cleaning up the excess paint I between the teeth.
To oh pick and dip it in turps. Gently scratch the paint away towards the holes in the frown. Do the same on the black on the ears to tidy the lines up a bit.

Cheers Sly & will do, great idea. Phantom says the helmet is ok...so I'll get correct grey and give it a good tidy up, perhaps without my daughters help this time..lol!.
Welcome to the forums! phantom will lead you in the correct direction. Can't wait to see the finished armor and troops with you soon.:-)
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newby in Townsville Xesh 20 23,496 Wednesday 16-Nov-2016, 06:16 AM
Last Post: DannytheBlue
  Newby Skylark 15 22,448 Monday 12-Mar-2012, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Skylark
  Another Newby to 501st Crispy24 14 20,834 Monday 11-Apr-2011, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Lestat