looking to join
Hi everyone
I took my young teenage kids to Comicon a few weeks ago and thought that what your were doing was a great way to contribute to charity and have a bit of fun at the same time. I'm a middle aged family man who lives north side Brisbane and works 6 days a week in my own business.
looking through the forums I'm probably a little less informed relating to my star wars knowledge but I grew up with it through the 80's. my son still flogs the games hard on my pc though! I 've followed some of the newbies on their recent challenges on costumes and the tight regs you have. I have decided on a storm trooper and I am not great on the build aspects so I've decided to go with a pvc suit from prop masters in the UK.
Jedi-robe seems to inconsistent with quality control.??
their seems to be no direct commitment by anyone to say this suit is ok and approved by the 501st. regardless let me know if I'm going in the wrong direction and would like to catch anyone that has a suit close to me for a face to face pro's and con's to help me through this minefield. thanks in advance Bruce
Welcome to the forums. Have you joined the stormtrooper detatchment yet, you'll get more information on there, I'm sure our GML Phantom will give you direction soon with links and advice.
Jedi's belong to the Rebel Legion, seperate club form us with approval process, but we do troop together. There are a few rules with jedi's being approved face characters and approved generic Jedi. Different ball game really.
Good luck with your build.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome
Welcome aboard!
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Welcome to the Redback's!
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Welcome to the group. There are lots of us who can help you out if needed.
Can you outrun a rocket.... How about we find out.

DW2015
G'day Bruce, welcome to the Redbacks.
Seems you have started your research so can guess that you've found your way to Whitearmor.net.
There's not really a best kit, but more of a best kit for you.
This is based on your budget, height and build..
There are plenty of great kits available, but it's up to the individual to build it as accurately as they can to meet basic approval.
Higher levels of accuracy can be achieved through a few upgrades an minor mods. EIB (Expert Infantry) and Centurion. These are very achievable if you start your build with the intention to go to the top.
We have many troopers on the North side, so there is help available, in the mean ti e keep researching as this hobby requires plenty of it.
If I may offer further advice, check out plenty of build threads and EIB and Centurion applications over on Whitearmor.net these will help you get your head around the whole thing.
Welcome again and enjoy the journey.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome to the redbacks brother.
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
Welcome Bam. Good luck with the time management. Like the guys have said, there is a LOT or research to do, so if you work 6 days a week, it may be tricky finding a balance to put any energy towards your TK goals.

That said, reading even a little each day will get you up to speed and help clarify all the build requirements You need to meet. I highly recommend continuing to read the various build threads. They are a wealth of information and you will often find links to other even more usfull threads in the follow up comments and conversation. If you are looking for a good example, might I recommend Sly's TK ANH build thread, it is a great read Smile

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=8940
Hi mate and welcome the redback garrison forums.

Yeah there are guidelines to become a member and the costumes do have to be movie accurate, with that said some research and time taken during your build it is not beyond anyone. A lot of us started here with very minor skills and we have evolved, plus there are a lot of talented people here to help guide you and give tips along the way. So please don't be deterred.

I would start off choosing which stormtrooper you want to do there are a few to choose from:
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Looks like you have been given some good info. Definitely head over to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment or FISD to do all your research:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
Before you purchase anything please look at the vetted sellers of armour on FISD. There are sellers out there who do state that they are 501st approvable but some are just using the 501st brand to sell stuff. Please check with the folks on FISD or post up here first before you part with your hard earned dollars. Here is a good link to have a read through regarding armour seller:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/

While you are reading, this will give you some insight on the approval process:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

But never be afraid to ask questions we are a pretty helpful and friendly bunch.

Good luck on your journey.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome to the forums Bruce
Welcome , the info from the boys and girls so far should set you on your way nicely , don't hesitate to ask as many questions as needed , get along to a troop and talk face to face and learn the ins and outs of trooping and wrangling , you will enjoy being part of this family and in the hands of Sly and Phantom you can't go wrong .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Welcome Bam Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Welcome to the forums.
If it's from rs prop makers in the uk you hit the jackpot.
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
Thanks to you all for the advice !
I've decided to delay my purchase and try to catch up with some of you at a up coming event.
TK suit is confirmed but seeing close up may help me move forward.