Introduction
Hi there

My name is Mark and I am a Kiwi that has been living in Brisbane for the last six years.

I have had a keen interest in Star Wars for many years. I would like to work my way towards being a Storm Trooper, but realise that I will need to take my time to get my costume together. I have read some of the posts about maybe starting off with a less detailed/armoured costume. My girlfriend is pretty handy with a sewing machine and has said that she will help me make something (She's a Kiwi too!).

Its really great to be a part of this exciting venture. i look forward to catching up with some of you shortly.

Mark
Hi Mark,

First off, welcome.

Stormtrooper costumes are not difficult. They can be costly, especially with the Aussie $ the way it is atm. Having a partner that is good with a needle is a very handy thing to have, and doing a soft costume may be an easier option first up to get you going. Depending on what costume you want to do, (apart from a Stormtrooper) will be the next question to which we can direct you to the right forum to learn and read up on building it. There are lots of build threads here, but there are costume specific forums that go into far more elaborate details and information.

Good luck. MTFBWY
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Hello Major Payne

I'm extremely keen to be a Stormtrooper. I would be very grateful for any guidance or direction on how to become one

Thanks very much

Kind regards
Well, if you haven't already, join up at
www.whitearmor.net
This is the Legions forum dedicated to all things Stormtrooper, there you will find and be able to contact Legion approved armour makers.
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Hiya Red,

Welcome Aboard mate Smile
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Thanks very much
Welcome aboard
welcome to the Redbacks mate this is an awesome hobby to get into!! ( won't belong before your partner follows you to the darkside too!!)
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Welcome to the forum's brother will be good to finally catch up with you soon at an event, have had you added on facebook long enough :P
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
Hi Mark and welcome the redback garrison forums.

I would start off choosing which stormtrooper you want to do there are a few to choose from check out the Costume Reference Library or CRL:
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Head over to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment or FISD to do all your research:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
Before you purchase anything please look at the vetted sellers of armour on FISD. Please check with the folks on FISD or post up here first before you part with your hard earned dollars. Here is a good link to have a read through regarding armour seller:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/
When you make contact with the sellers make sure that you give as much detail about yourself like height, measurements of biceps, thighs, waist etc so that you know that you will get a kit that will fit your body type. You don't want a kit that will be either too small or too large.

While you are reading, this will give you some insight on the approval process:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

But never be afraid to ask questions we are a pretty helpful and friendly bunch.

Good luck on your journey.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Thanks Hydro can't wait to troop with you
Hi and welcome aboard
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16
(Sunday 18-Oct-2015, 06:06 PM)marco.spittle Wrote:  Thanks Hydro can't wait to troop with you

Like wise good friend , now get saving and we will all point you in the right direction Smile Smile
Welcome aboard,
I'd watch out for Hydro. He had a parasite infestation and seems to be becoming a xenomorph. Wink
(Sunday 18-Oct-2015, 10:17 PM)nix666 Wrote:  Welcome aboard,
I'd watch out for Hydro. He had a parasite infestation and seems to be becoming a xenomorph. Wink

I give out free face hugs Smile