G'day all
G'day all
Newbie here fan and admirer of everything the 501st has done over the years pts an awesome organisation doing awesome things. Well Done to you all. At 38 my bucket list consists of owning my own stormtrooper armor becoming a proper member of the 501st and passing this tradition down onto my kids (esp my 7yr old whom im turning into Star Wars junkie like me lol). if there is a non expensive way to get acceptable armor i would love to know, i get paid less then one of watto's slaves lol, i will get that armor one day Smile. anyways g'day all again.
DT Smile[/b][/size][/font]
hey Tubey,

unless you get lucky and pick up a members second hand armour I can only say the exchange rate is not your friend at the moment Sad

to become a member you can do a soft costume like the officer's..... or you can help out as a wrangler until you can get everything together.

is there particular armour version you prefer ? e.g. A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back or Return of Jedi Stormtrooper.... Sandtrooper, Clone?
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi Tubey and welcome to the forums.

(Tuesday 20-Oct-2015, 06:58 PM)Darth Tubey Wrote:  if there is a non expensive way to get acceptable armor i would love to know

Me too Hehehe But seriously with regards to cost, you do have some options as Duras pointed e.g. second hand kits. Bear in mind that some older kits that were previously approved might need to be fixed up to re-submit for approval.

If cost is a concern, might be best to start a spreadsheet and work out costs of individual components, be sure to factor in shipping and exchange rates, also shop around for the best price.. local members maybe able to help out and provide better quality products too.

Where are you based in QLD? If you are interested, try and get along to a local troop and talk to a few members that own TK armour.

Also if you haven't already, make sure you sign up on the FISD forums - www.whitearmor.net for all things stormtrooper!
Hi Tubey
Second hand armour is not always a great solution , but it can work.
The main thing for approval is, it has to fit you properly and represent the hallmarks for basic approval. As Altair has mentioned, older kit may no longer reach that marker, and require a fair bit of work to make the line.
White armour is your research buddy so go check it out.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome aboard buddy , i look forward to meeting you in person Smile
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
Welcome aboard
Hey there DT and welcome to the forums.

You have got some great advice so far.

There are quite a few 'soft costumes' (no hard armour) that are relatively inexpensive Officer, crewman, jawa to name a few. Have a look over this list of costumes in the Costume Reference Library (CRL) to give you an indication of the variety of costumes that are approvable.

If your dream is a stormtrooper I would start off choosing which stormtrooper you want to do there are a few to choose from:
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Definitely head over to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment or FISD to do all your research:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
Before you purchase anything please look at the vetted sellers of armour on FISD. There are sellers out there who do state that they are 501st approvable but some are just using the 501st brand to sell stuff. Please check with the folks on FISD or post up here first before you part with your hard earned dollars. Here is a good link to have a read through regarding armour seller:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11...find-them/

While you are reading, this will give you some insight on the approval process:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

But never be afraid to ask questions we are a pretty helpful and friendly bunch.

Good luck on your journey.
"Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Thanks everyone for the input and the warm welcome i will certinally look into buying armor thoroughly before i part with my cash, as for other style outfits my kids want me to make Sith warrior costume so may look into that aswell.
Welcome Tubey Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Hi Tubey, welcome and good luck :D
Welcome to the Redback Forums!