New Recruit
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to join the 501st and my first build will be Mara Jade: Black Bodysuit. I've already checked out the costuming library but any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

I also want to make my own Adept character and costume in future; is there provision for that or will I just have to do it on the side? I have a rebel friend who is a generic Jedi, so I was hoping there would be something like that here too.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to Trooping Smile
Cheers,
Penne
Welcome! wow Mara Jade is very popular lately (nothing wrong with that but being a face character it will mean only one Mara Jade allowed at a time at troops)

I'll let those that know the costume better and have either built or are building chip in with what you need to know

but in meantime welcome again
DW2013 to DW2018
Hi and welcome
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16
Welcome aboard! I too have just started and am making my first costume (Biker Scout). Best of luck with your costume.
Welcome to the forums Penne
Welcome!
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Hi Penne and welcome to the forums.

Good start by checking out the CRL, just be certain on what options you want to use with the costume ie right colour cowl, gloves etc. I would also recommend the detachment as well. Sign up on Flagship Eclipse, http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/ to do all the research.

We do have a quite a few good seamstresses here in the garrsion who can help with the soft parts, so when you get close just ask and we can pass on their names.

Unfortunately there are no generic sith or any options for you to 'create' your own costume along the lines of the Rebel Legion Jedis.

While you are reading, this will give you some insight on the approval process:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

But never be afraid to ask questions we are a pretty helpful and friendly bunch.

Good luck on your journey.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hi Penne , glad you joined the forums too , thanks for wrangling at the weekend Smile you and Chris did a great job!!
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm looking forward to getting started.
I should have mentioned that I'm in Townsville. Are there any other Mara's here?
I probably should have a backup costume in case...

I love cosplaying and I love Star Wars (was alive for the first one!).
I was always a lightsider but my husband has brought me to the dark side!
I'm only just discovering Mara Jade but I thought she was an ideal character to play as it gets very hot up here and I do not relish the idea of having to paint my body. Plus she seems like she'd be fun to play and I love redheads Smile
Penne there's no Mara's in town that's for sure!!!
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Welcome Friend Smile
Welcome to the forums, Maria Jade is a dual membership costume, meaning she is a character that is approvable in the 501st and the Rebel Legion.
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Hello
Welcome to the Forums!
(Tuesday 27-Oct-2015, 08:42 PM)MammaSith Wrote:  Welcome to the forums, Maria Jade is a dual membership costume, meaning she is a character that is approvable in the 501st and the Rebel Legion.

Thanks Mamma Sith, it's nice to know I can defect when I want to go play with my lightside friend Smile
I'll have to get cracking! Can you recommend someone who's made the jumpsuit to me?
I can sew, just not stretch...