Newbie reporting in from Sunshine Coast, QLD
Hello! My name is Kiki (kikivader). Some of you i think already know me i've been to acouple of supanovas and gencons now (slave leia costume :P www.myspace.com/kikivader for pictures).

I am currently living on the Sunshine coast but also commute to the Gold Coast every week for study.

I am currently in the process of putting my first set of armour together. I have been recommended to come drop by and introduce myself and ask for hints and tips Smile

The armour that i am putting together is a fem-shadowtrooper. The story behind it is it was originally just a richies armour femtrooper (but richie did a really bad job of molding it and was not very nice when it came to receiving negative feedback about his sloppy work - alot of bad words were exchanged) but someone i knew said they could fix it and long story short our friendship fell through after waiting half a year for it i received it back damaged and completely messed it up with cracks, black and glue stains and scratches all over it so i pulled it apart and got it professionally painted black all over in a last bid to save it.

(takes in a deep breath)

So now a year later I see it still sitting in my bag after much trouble and stress but have decided i'm not going to give up on it just yet! and now im determined to put it together by the end of the year so it will be ready for supanova next year Smile

So Im not sure where to go from here but if anyone can give me advice on what to do it would be greatly appreciated Smile

Hope to hear from you!

Heart Kiki
Welcome to the Forums!

PHEW! what an epic tale of woe and gnashing of teeth!

We have experts here in all manners of armour construction, so I'm sure we can find a way to make a veritable silk purse out of your sow's ear Smile

When you get the chance, take some pictures of what you've got so far and start up a thread in our 'Armour Progress Pics' section.

Kev Vader
Welcome to the forums kiki!!!

I'm no "expert" but more than happy to help in any way I can. I live up near Caboolture, not far from the sunny coast
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Hey kiki. Certiantly an epic tale, made for good reading. As Our lord 'Kev' has said, Lets see a build thread.Doppeldaumen1

Also if you can get your-self to an armour party that would also be great. Always someone willing to give a helping hand.Wink

One question though, are you wanting 501st approval? Cause I'm not sure (so don't take my word) if Fem-trooper is approvable. You might wanna just check in on that. Wink
Welcome kiki,

Good to see you made it across to the Redback Garrison and especially good to have a second person on the Sunshine Coast, I was starting to feel lonely Sad
Plenty of knowledge to be found here. And if the guys and gals here dont know then it probably aint worth knowing anyway.

Have fun and ask lots of questions.

Darren
Hi and welcome Kiki
The Femtrooper Stormtrooper is a cool costume,it is not a 501st approvable costume, see HERE FOR 501ST APPROVABLE COSTUMES so you wont be a full 501st member with it. Which would rule you out trooping at some events, where you need to have an approved costume to troop at and accessing the full members section on the forum and the main 501st forum and 501st merchandise. Have you considered completing the full standard Stormtrooper, so you can become a full member, and then at events were the Femtrooper can be worn, just swapping the couple of pieces over?

Welcome again
Ken
Redback GML
Hi and welcome Kiki...I'm new around here to and I am starting my stormtrooper build...never done one before but the people here are great, helpful and friendly just ask heaps of questions either PM or in the shoutbox...best thing to do is to try and get to an armour party and pick the brains of the experienced troopers Smile
Good luck Smile
Cheers
Steve
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Just don't ask me about webbing Hehehe or butt plates.

-just when we all forgot about the butt plate. Hehehe
Hop, you got a great femtrooper buttplate Hehehe
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

wowza! i didnt expect so many replies so quickly :O thankyou all for being so nice Smile ill try and get a build thread up in the next week or so :D

im not looking for 501st approval for this armour this is more just a fun thing I wanted to build for myself Smile but once i save the $$ i may look into getting a proper one in the future as I'd love to get involved with the trooping with you all :D
No worries Kiki, good to hear you will be going for the real stuff also. When it comes to buying armour, you may already know, but again ask around get a look then decide before handing out the credit$ Wink. For now, come on in, venture round the many threads available to you and hope to see you at a troop or AP or whatever.Doppeldaumen1

And remember, there is always someone able to lend a hand.
As for 501st approval, well, knowing you aren't going for it means you have a lot more leeway for creativity Smile

And even if it isn't 501st approvable, you'll still get the best advice on constructing it on these forums - and there are always opportunities to troop in 'non-approved' costumes during the year!

Kev Vader
welcome to the forums, not much for me to add that hasn't already been said. There are alot talented ppl in this garrison (some of them know a few things about building costumes too Smile ). hope you can get your femtrooper fixed, would be a wicked costume for supanova.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
Welcome Kiki.

You'll definatly have an ally in Hopfot, as our resident Shadow Trooper is a lone wolf at the moment.

Look forward to seeing you along at an Armour Party (AP) or Troop very soon.

Best of luck! (and no question is EVER a bad one)
Welcome to the forums Kiki

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New recruit - Sunshine Coast danstanfield 11 686 Saturday 30-Dec-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: danstanfield
  Sunshine Coast Intro dlrmatrix 7 3,131 Friday 11-Sep-2020, 08:03 AM
Last Post: scoot040
  Sunshine Coast Intro dlrmatrix 0 885 Saturday 29-Aug-2020, 11:48 AM
Last Post: dlrmatrix