Greetings :)
Hey Redbacks,

My name is Paul I live in Brisbane (moved from Southside to Northside a couple of months ago) and I'm keen to start on my first TK build and hope to more future builds. I work in the 3D field and looking at getting a 3D printer hopefully next year at some stage.

I would be very happy for any tips and useful guides on building processes. I have found heaps of helpful information on the net already. A few of my mates live down in Melbourne are in the 501st down there and suggested that I make contact with the QLD garrison to help me on a couple of things I wanted to find out.

On a smaller project build I was going to start work on Kylo Ren's lightsaber and would be highly grateful if anyone who might know anything about lighting acrylic rods. The idea I have in mind is to have a really dark red or a smoked black rod or tube and light it. I'd like to know if that is at all possible instead of using a clear or frosted white rod?

Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Can't wait for Episode VII... got my tickets sorted hope everyone else has Smile

Regards,
Paul
Welcome to the forums Paul
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
Welcome
Hey, what are you trying to push on us?
Ko lopo Dooka, Ugama M'nuta, Utini!!!!!!
DW2015  DW2016
GCSN16
Welcome to the Redback Forums!
Welcome!
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Welcome.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hi there Paul! A few of us use what we call "day blades" - frosted or clear coloured poly tubes. We mostly get them from here - www.thecustomsabershop.com.
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
Thanks for the link Tirilia I've seen that site previously but its down atm for me Sad

Using a solid tube and etching the outside that is the idea that I think I might test. Here's a picture for an example https://largerthanliferockstarsupply.fil...c-tube.jpg

Smile