Hello from Toowoomba!
Hi everyone I'm Matt, I've been thinking about getting into this hobby for a little while and finally decided to jump on and join! I'm also a reenactor I do Napoleonic, WW1 and WW2 so I love the opportunity to dress up and have fun. I've been a massive fan of the Star Wars series and I'm hella keen for EP 7 when it comes out. I haven't got any costumes or kit currently but I've got a job and money so I'm pretty ready to rock and roll.

Cheers,

Matt
Welcome to the forums Matt! Any idea what Star Wars costumes you'd like to do?
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Ahh well I was thinking of just going with a standard stormtrooper to start with, but I'd also like to look at possibly doing Kylo Ren and/or First Order Stormtrooper. :D
Hi Matt, welcome to the forums.

If you are interested in starting with a Stormtrooper (TK) first up then I highly recommend you sign up on the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detactment (FISD) forums (whitearmor.net) and start researching... There is a lot to read and I think you'll find there is more to a "standard" stormtrooper then most think Smile

To help you decide what type of Stormtrooper you would like to build, have a look at the Costume Reference Library (CRL) - http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Any questions let us know, more than happy to help
I've had a bit of a browse on the white armour site at some of the posts and I'm really leaning towards First Order now haha. I had a look at one that had a heap of resource information about it and I'm pretty keen on doing that.
Hi Matt, welcome to the forums.
We have some troopers here in Toowoomba.
If you want to see armour close up, I will be in mine at the midnite release this week as well as the Christmas lights at Queens park later in the week.
Come say hi.
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
ahh yep, unfortunately I'm going with a bunch of mates to see the movie and we missed out on getting a good spot for the midnight sessions, so we are going to the 10am session. But I'm keen to go to Queens Park and introduce myself. What date/time would that be?
Hi Matt, definitely come along to the Queens Park lights on Friday and say g'day! We'll be there from opening at 7, until about 9-ish.
Sweeet sounds good, I'll be there at 7. I guess I just find the people dressed up as Storm Troopers which shouldn't be too hard xD
Haha, yeah, we sort of stick out, just look for the crowds!
There'll also be a huge hairy dude wrangling the troopers, that weirdo is easy to spot from a distance!
"Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, I said supper is ready!"
DW2015 -> DW2018
OCC2015 -> OCC19
BN15 -> SN19
GCSN16 ->  GCSN19
Haha sweet as, I'm keen to get into this hobby :D
G'day Matt, we have a FO trooper in the Redbacks, Beanie! I would highly suggest you talk to him regarding lead times and what involved in building these as he has only recently completed his.
I've seen it up close and they do look awesome.
Good luck on your journey and welcome aboard.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Oh awesome! Yeah I'd love to talk to him about it cause I'd need lots of help and guidence getting the kit together for a FO Trooper. Cheers!
Welcome Matt!! More than welcome once kitted up to troop with us in the SCG when you come down this way for reenactment stuff Smile

Cheers and Welcome!