Hello from Toowoomba
Hello All

Been a long time fan of your organization and it was only after attending the Special Children's Christmas Party in Brisbane did I get the idea to enlist. You see I come from Toowoomba and allowed my son to play my phone whilst driving to the exhibition centre. By the time I got to the Christmas Party the phone was on 1% charge and thought oh well I'll just leave it in the car. Much to my dismay when lined up that I noticed the 501st there and would have loved a photo of my son with them. I then began thinking hell if this affected me that greatly to not be able to take a photo then maybe I could enlist and do what I can to help. It is possible that I never would have thought of this if I had enough charge to take a photo so I am very grateful for that.

Anyway long time Star wars fan cards, books, board games you name it. My favourite of the movies Episode 5 without a doubt is darker and it is a movie where the bad guys I feel win. If I had to pick a favourite costume I would probably say snowtrooper. Anyway thanks for reading and looking forward to chatting further.
Hello Gravybaby and welcome to the forums! It's awesome that you saw us at the Christmas Party. I believe a few of us will be in Toowoomba soon for the Christmas Wonderland, so you can come meet us then! Do you have any idea on a costume you might like to make?
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
Hi Gravybaby,
Sorry you missed out on photos at the Kids Christmas Party, it was a lot of fun there.
There will be about 8 of us at Christmas Wonderland in Queens Park on Friday night, so definatly bring him in then for a photo.
Make sure you introduce yourself, we'll make sure your son gets some good photos. We will be there from 7 until about 9-ish, maybe a bit later if it is still busy.
Cheers,
Scott
Welcome to the Redback forums!
Welcome mate, great motivation to be here!

If you like Snowtroopers we have a few here (me included) - we the elite Cold Assault Troopers after all so pretty exclusive! Plus in SE Qld its not exactly Hoth-like conditions. If you're looking to make one plenty of folk are happy to help you out, we can help you access the Bizzard Force forums and such to do some armour research to see if its what you'd like to be.

Good luck!
Thanks for the warm welcomes. Definitely keen to see you guys in Toowoomba what time Friday does it kick off?

Definitely keen to suit up so any information you can send me would be much appreciated. Not 100% locked into the cold assault storm trooper
It opens at 7, we'll be there from then till late.
In the meantime, have a browse through the CRLs and see what takes your fancy.
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29
Hi and welcome to the forums. Yes, a few of us up here and always room for more. If you are at the midnight screening, I will be there...just look for the Stormtrooper..
Stormtroopers...Unquestioned loyalty
Hi there and welcome to the forums.

Have a read through this, it will give you a run down of the membership process. Have a read of the links to you can never have too much information.

http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

Here is a list of all the approvable costumes I am sure you can find something that you like Wink

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLbyname

If in doubt please ask.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
I believe I will get the stormtrooper - ROTJ costume. I am definitely not much of a handyman so will be looking to make purchases off internet stores and such. I haven't come across any links as yet for some recommended stores. Would someone be kind enough to suggest a couple to me. Thankyou
Try sending a PM to Disco and Maynard and check out their build threads, Disco just finished his ROTJ not long ago, and Maynard is building his at the moment.
Be wary of purching a full kit from an online store they may not be upto 501st standard and could require a lot of work to get them upto standard.

FISD has a whole thread for vetted armour sellers, have a look there.

Get onto FISD and look around I do know of one armour maker who sells premade kits, just not sure of he does ROTJ.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Yes, please do your research over on www.whiteamor.net, be very wary of online sellers and evilbay.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]