Hello From Hervey Bay!
(Sunday 20-Dec-2015, 09:03 PM)NickDrez Wrote:  Awesome guys!!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am beyond excited at completing the full TIE Armour. I took my first step today thanks to Wolf & Anna and ordered my first piece of the uniform! Will be looking at picking up the black ABS helmet early in the new year.

I just need to pace myself as i am already in hot water at home- having recently turned all 4 of my children into fully certified Star Wars Fanatics with the build up to the movie.

Haha that's awesome Nick. You're welcome!
That's ok mate she can take it out on me at girls ballet / jazz class's Wink .
Did you know there is the Galactic Academy for under 18's ? Be perfect for the boys and Mia . My 2 love playing dress up for events they get to go to . I Sure Bullant or any one esle can explain a bit more then I can , as all I know is Galatic Academy is a lot less stricker on costuming for kids Smile .

Cheers
Wolf
Post script

I know I know I be at naughtier corner when girls lessons start again so I be in usual spot Nadine Wink .
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
Lol Wolf. Me and you both mate.

Hey can you please steer me in a direction for black flight gloves and communications pack? I'm hoping to purchase these around Xmas and then contacting Walt to put my name one of the black ABS fighter helmets in the new year.

I know Harper would love to Join the Galactic Academy! We both ore costumes for the movie midnight and had a great night together. I know he wants to be a little Darth!

I got the shoes today mate! They fit perfectly. Thankyoou yet again. You are a massive help. Belt will be here just after Xmas.
For the compad ( trading post is where most items you can find for costuming for sale )

http://501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=10536

And gloves I believe Wampa wear is the best around ? I get the link as well from last order for you to have a read .

Sale thread for gloves

http://501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=10268

Also if you want any the items there just post on the thread or click the sellers name and send a message direct to them Smile and if they no longer have them they know whom will Smile

Cheers
Wolf.
FNG
DW2013
DW2014
There's a thread in the junkyard for a bulk TI glove order. (Whether they've placed that order yet, I don't know.) Alternatively, you can look up Esford Pty Ltd. Brisbane bunch who have some plain gauntlet length black gloves. Don't forget to start a build thread down in the armour section so everyone can help you source bits.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
Hi Nick,

TIE Pilots are awesome but I may be prejudiced.........

OK as for gloves I got mine at Wampa Wear (google) a few of the lads here do periodic orders from them and i would recommend you jump on a bulk order to save you some postage costs, there are a couple of vendors in Brisbane also but they are a bit hit and miss with stock and sizes.

Compads - PM Oevil1 here on the forums as he makes them and a mighty fine job he does too.

Hard aromour - Check out Arakyel over the the JRS (www.jrs501st.com) he does great helmets, chest and back plates and chestboxes. Prices are pretty good but with the dollar the way it is then it can get a bit pricey. Arakyel has had a heater issue recently so he does have a bit of a back log of work built up (mine included)

Flightsuit - there are various build threads here on the forum and you can see the one we all used.

TIE Pilots are a great way to start as you can get your Reserve Pilot approved nice and fast while you work on the harder, more expensive items.
We have a number of Pilots in the Garrison who will all be more than willing to help.

As for Galactic Academy - there are no approval requirements for the kids. Just sign them up on the GA website and they will get a welcome email and certificate etc. My kids both troop with me and have a blast. We have a couple of "Rubies" brand Jawa costumes and we are currently making a Mini Vader and a Jedi so it keeps my boys busy and involved Smile

If you need any help with any part of the build please feel free to PM me and remember a TIE Pilot is like a Stormtrooper that hits what he aims at!!!

Cheers,
Adam.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Welcome to the forums Nick! Smile
Welcome Nick. It was great to meet you at the troop at Hervey Bay last week. Will be good to get you involved.
Arienh 22372

JawaTd

DW2015
It was an inspirational morning for me! I was really happy to be able to tag along briefly and unofficially. Up until that point i had not really witnessed anyone in the legion so when i saw the guys arrive i was mesmerized at the detail of the suits and Armour. I am now the proud owner of Tie flight suit, boots (both are perfect fit) and badges thanks to wolf and my Tie belt arrived last week. Will get some gloves from Wampa closer to Easter.
My Tie helmet and chest box is about a week away apparently and will come from the USA. When that turns up i will check out the build advice forums. I have well and truly caught the bug!
My son also wants to join as a miniature Vader in the junior grouos i have been told about.