Wanting to obtain a costume
Hi, I was hoping I could get some help I'm wanting to join the 501st I really love the amount of charity work you guys are involved in and it just looks like a lot of fun. I haven't yet got a costume but I'm looking at putting together a Storm Trooper costume as my first, I have no idea where to start sourcing an accurate costume and would love any help on where I could start. Thanks
Welcome to the forums Shazzam!

You should head on over the the FISD forum at http://www.whitearmor.net as they will be able to help you get started on your Storm Trooper armor.
I am so glad I found you and didn't kill you.
Tusken 
B2B 
OCC18 (BARELY!)
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

If you are looking for a stormtrooper costume have a look over many costumes in the Costume Reference Library (CRL) there are a few to choose from:
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costu...ormtrooper

Once you know what stormtrooper you want to do, head over to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD) to do your research and find an amrour supplier from the vetted sellers list. Get in touch with them and give them as much info as you can height, weight, leg, arm and as many other measurements etc to find the best armour for your body type and your budget.
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Have a read over this thread to give you an indication on the membership process:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

I hope this helps.

Enjoy and remember to ask loads of questions.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Thanks for your help guys, looking forward to getting my costume and joining the legion.
Welcome to the forum's Shazzam, good choice on a Stormy now you just have to work out which variant you want to do. There is a huge amount of people here and over at FISD to ask questions of, don't be scared asking anything TK! Enjoy the ride..
Have we ever hit anything with these things?

DW2016   OCC2016   BN16  
Hi Shazzam! I'm looking at doing a Stormtrooper build too (although I plan on sticking in the research phase for the next few months whilst I accumulate the funds)! Like all the good folks above have said, don't be scared to ask questions, because like myself, you'll probably have hundreds of 'em. I know I was definitely nervous to ask any questions, but they're a great bunch that don't bite (although some may be questionable *Haak).
Stay On Target
(Wednesday 18-May-2016, 05:47 PM)Moo Wrote:  Hi Shazzam! I'm looking at doing a Stormtrooper build too (although I plan on sticking in the research phase for the next few months whilst I accumulate the funds)! Like all the good folks above have said, don't be scared to ask questions, because like myself, you'll probably have hundreds of 'em. I know I was definitely nervous to ask any questions, but they're a great bunch that don't bite (although some may be questionable *Haak).

Maaaaaaate, no one is supposed to know!
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
Haak doesn't bite....much.
TKs are always an awesome choice, we can't get enough of them.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017
Is this where I chime in to mention that Black is Back!!

Welcome to the forums Shazzam, good luck with your journey in choosing a costume and getting it build.

Cheers
S.E.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Hi Shazzam, welcome to the forums. Whereabouts in QLD do you reside? We have many members with TK kits, I would recommend you try to get along to a local troop to meet a few Redbacks and check out their costumes. Smile
Welcome Shazzam!
Great option to become a shiny whitey!!
*Join FISD as mentioned and do a bit of research and decide which TK you want as there are differences (check the CRL's);
*Find a suitable supplier on FISD ( http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31...-tk-build/ )
*Save $$ and spend
*Ask questions ALWAYS to this motley bunch - they are a FANTASTIC resource and have a wealth of knowledge
*Follow some quality build threads on her and at FISD
*Watch the tutorials on FISD
*Ask more questions!

Good luck!!
DancingTK Gix
DW2016 DW2017
DW2018 GCSN19 
SN19  

Save
Welcome Shazzam Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Welcome aboard Simon, good to meet you today.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Welcome to Redbackland!
I survived Dreamworld 2010CVI
DW2011CVII
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Thanks for helping out today Simon, hope you had fun!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanting to introduce myself EMRYS 3 2,479 Monday 11-Nov-2019, 10:08 AM
Last Post: RedaV
  wanting to help out coey1459 7 8,402 Monday 21-Apr-2014, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Rayvn