Fresh face in Townsville
Hello all!!! Finally taking the plunge and joining the forums as a start. Just moved to Townsville. Drove up the coast and stopped into Dreamworld and saw you all there and it was just great, you all looked awesome.

So I am thinking maybe Commander Cody or Sev from Republic Commando. I have a few questions though.

Firstly it sounds odd asking this the more I think of it but are there clone specific events? Every time I see you guys at conventions it's always a literal white wash of storm troopers and the one or two clones seem... Out of place, for lack of a better word. I know it's all one big family and it's not for us it's for the kids but just for me I think I would feel a bit odd being the only clone at an event. Not a major issue just... More of a passing observation that got me thinking.

My second question is about non canon costumes. I ducked over to the related forum earlier and was blown away by the work. Saw a samurai Vader that looked top notch.

Would it be possible to troop in non canon armour? I have the strong feeling that this is a no which isn't a problem at all. Rules are rules. But I have seen a photo of a "gangster" storm trooper. Bright red with a matching boom box and gold necklaces. Mostly just a silly costume but effective none the less. So are there events which allow non cannon trooping? I just can't help but think how much fun a bunch of novelty costumes marching around would be. As I said though. Not a big deal if it's not allowed. Smile

Anyway I'll leave it there. Thanks for all your good work in the world guys and girls. Keep on keeping on.
Hey there Freebodz , non canon costumes belong at conventions or non 501st events , they generally don't end up on the stand for the 501st at conventions, there are bucket loads of clones in the redbacks and as we are an all embracing club we don't usually do costume specific events unless it is a request , different generations relate to different characters so sometimes as a clone you are popular and sometimes not so much but it is irrelevant to the cause , good choices on your wish list though , we are the only garrison in the world to have the complete Delta squad from the Republic commando's .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Hey Cyclops thanks for the advice. Can't wait to dive in and get started once I'm settled up here :D
Hey mate , welcome to the Redbacks and Townsville Wink . We do have a clone trooper here in town so your not alone Smile
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
Welcome to the forums!
Hi Freebodz, welcome to the forums.

As Cyclops said, you are more than welcome to wear non-canon costumes to cons and cosplay events, just not on the 501st stands. The reason why we are Lucasfilms/Disneys preferred costuming club is because we maintain such a high level of accuracy with our costumes/prop replicas.

Regarding clones, I wouldn't be too worried about not fitting in with the waves of shiny white stormtroopers, we have a good mix of costumes, especially at the larger events. My advice is to pick a costume that appeals to you the most and will fit your build, budget and time available. Then study the CRL and sign up to the relevant detachment. Any questions feel free to ask Smile
Welcome to the Redback forums

(Tuesday 24-May-2016, 05:40 AM)cyclops Wrote:  , we are the only garrison in the world to have the complete Delta squad from the Republic commando's .

NEG have as well
Welcome to the Redback forums!!
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
yay another one for north qld........
FNG  DW2018  Bobafett  DW2016 DW2017 SN17
Welcome to the Redback's Freebodz!!

There are heaps of clones in Redback but depends on where they re located as to how many you see I guess at events. As DannyTheBlue said there is one is Townsville.Doppeldaumen1

That's HipHop Trooper in the pic and he's got a pretty massive following - he's also in 501st and had Boba Fett, Shadow Biker and a Sandtrooper - Stryder (his 501st call sign) is in the GA Garrison..... yeah I'm kinda a fan of HipHop Trooper LOL

As mentioned, u can wear non-canon but at certain events eg Con's. Just out of interest Magneticon is on 2/3 July in Townsville so make sure you drop in and see us - there's about 10 of us and if u haven't met the local guys then u will get a chance. I'll also be taking my Fem Fett to wear as well as my TK.

Hope to meet you then!
DancingTK Gix
DW2016 DW2017
DW2018 GCSN19 
SN19  

Save
Hey! Welcome to our forums Smile

As mentioned before, I have a episode 2 clone and a commander neyo.. So would be awesome to have a Cody up here! Just be prepared for the "look how dirty you are" comments when standing near those clean TKs Cheeky

Look forward to seeing you at magneticon if not before
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Also that's HipHop Trooper in the pic (very cool guy)
DW2013 to DW2018
Hey guys thanks for the heads up about Megneticon. It's a bit too far out from the date for me to be able to say I can make it but hopefully I'll have at least one of the days off work.
Welcome aboard mate, try to read as much as you can and ask lots of questions. It may seem tedious but it will save you a lot of time and money in the long run
Welcome aboard, Good to see another Townsville person ready to join the ranks. If you get a chance to come to Magneticon you will meet a bunch of us from around so it would be a good opportunity. Smile
[Image: 24ybjav.png]
Heroes of the Day,Legends Forever