Where are the cookies?
It doesn't have to be an event to meet members. I was verified and inducted into the Mackay team by way of many drinks, laughter and an unsteady walk to the taxi. Reach out to your local team and ask them for a meet up, tell them you're seeking verification and they'll be able to take it from there.
"Hey X-Mez!"

"Damn it, it's pronounced Xmez with a Z. Like the X in xylophone, or xerxes, or xenomorph." 

"Sure thing X-Mez. Whatever you say."

Banghead
I will try my best.
What is a pirates favourite letter?

You would think it was 'R' but it is the 'C' which they love.
Is there anyway I can get a printable version for the uniform that I wish to make? I see that there is an option for it on the "Tools" panel on the side in the CRL's but when I click on it, I go to the FAQ's page. Is this something that I should take up with the forum help page?

There should be an option to convert the CRL to a PDF format and from there you should be able to print.
"Hey X-Mez!"

"Damn it, it's pronounced Xmez with a Z. Like the X in xylophone, or xerxes, or xenomorph." 

"Sure thing X-Mez. Whatever you say."

Banghead
I just found that option at the bottom of the page. Thanks.

Out of curiosity, I saw that there was a couple of weddings up on the upcoming events. Would things like that need wranglers as well or as they need it?

Also I wanted to ask about all the events that have money raised on them. Are we raising the money prior/hope to raise on the event or is the figure that is posted money already raised?

(Monday 1-Aug-2016, 12:39 PM)ponchomon Wrote:  Out of curiosity, I saw that there was a couple of weddings up on the upcoming events. Would things like that need wranglers as well or as they need it?

Also I wanted to ask about all the events that have money raised on them. Are we raising the money prior/hope to raise on the event or is the figure that is posted money already raised?

In regards to wedding troop. Its the same as any other troop. Wranglers are almost always welcome BUT I would recommend you PM the POC to confirm if you are needed.

As far as funds raised. The amount stated in the troop reports nearly always show the total amount raised either by donations from the party that requested our attendance or from rattling of tins or combination of both.

In some events, eg: MS moonlight, some donations are made after the event so the amount is not yet final. In these cases it will be stated in the troop report if we are waiting on more $.
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Thanks for the knowledge. Always happy to help out with donations but thought it had to be a minimum amount raised to be allowed to troop/wrangle.

(Sunday 24-Jul-2016, 10:06 AM)ponchomon Wrote:  I am unsure if this is a site issue or something that I have failed to do on my part but when I try to access the upcoming events forum, I see the events but when I look at them to get more info it says that I can not get access. Has it something to do with me not having a costume yet? I was looking into some of those events in case of wrangling needs.

(Sunday 24-Jul-2016, 10:08 AM)Xmez Wrote:  It's just because you're not a verified cadet is all. That can take some time. The easiest way to get verified is to meet in person with other members and interact with them. Then one of them can verify you.

(Sunday 24-Jul-2016, 10:11 AM)ponchomon Wrote:  Is there any events that I can access to get that verification? I have met a few people at Dreamworld this year as I went with my partner (JediMel).

Do not take this suggestion as anything but me seeing an obvious solution to you being verified, no harshness intended. Have you thought of asking Mel to verify you? Just a thought.
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
(Wednesday 3-Aug-2016, 09:38 PM)Baytrooper Wrote:  
(Sunday 24-Jul-2016, 10:06 AM)ponchomon Wrote:  I am unsure if this is a site issue or something that I have failed to do on my part but when I try to access the upcoming events forum, I see the events but when I look at them to get more info it says that I can not get access. Has it something to do with me not having a costume yet? I was looking into some of those events in case of wrangling needs.

(Sunday 24-Jul-2016, 10:08 AM)Xmez Wrote:  It's just because you're not a verified cadet is all. That can take some time. The easiest way to get verified is to meet in person with other members and interact with them. Then one of them can verify you.

(Sunday 24-Jul-2016, 10:11 AM)ponchomon Wrote:  Is there any events that I can access to get that verification? I have met a few people at Dreamworld this year as I went with my partner (JediMel).

Do not take this suggestion as anything but me seeing an obvious solution to you being verified, no harshness intended. Have you thought of asking Mel to verify you? Just a thought.

Because as crazy as it sounds, its easier this way. Asking Mel to do something and getting her to do it are 2 different things. No offence to my future wife :P

I cannot repel a theory of that magnitude. Makes no sense at all to me. Each to their own then. Huh
Td  Snowie  Jawa Still working on   Bobafett 
      FNG
      [Image: gec.png]  
(Wednesday 3-Aug-2016, 09:58 PM)Baytrooper Wrote:  I cannot repel a theory of that magnitude. Makes no sense at all to me. Each to their own then. Huh

I know that it is crazy but I have asked her to help out but she doesn't come to the forums to even check. She knows that I am on here as she claims that I have an addiction to the forums with all my comments here and there but she still never comes on.

Just easier if I go along to a meet up or troop (for whatever reason I can access the calendar now) to get verified.

Verified now. Does anyone know often people access the forums for certain detachments? I had asked a question about my Imperial Officer about a week ago now and have had no response on it as of yet.

(Monday 15-Aug-2016, 08:32 PM)ponchomon Wrote:  Verified now. Does anyone know often people access the forums for certain detachments? I had asked a question about my Imperial Officer about a week ago now and have had no response on it as of yet.

Looking at your posts over there on the IOC I would strongly suggest starting a WIP Build Thread in etc relevant section of the forums there, you'll get more hits and more replies that way in comparison to an Intro thread (that or you can just bump the thread)
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
Distance Traveled To Troops =  4346.4km
Definitely start a WIP thread. More people check those. If you're really desperate for answers, find out who's on the IOC command and shoot them a pm. Remembering of course that they/we are all volunteers and do have lives outside of the forums. We Redbacks are spoilt having such an active approvals team.

To answer the boot question to the best of my ability - go through the CRL with a fine toothed comb. At least twice. German jack boots and equestrian boots are completely different boots, so you'll end up with a different costume depending on what boots you have on. Jack boots are shin height, equestrian boots come all the way to your knee. PVC leather looking ones can be found at horseland for $100, but you won't make it past basic approval with them (nothing wrong with that though).If you ebay 'Tall riding boots' you'll get some hits. Don't buy anything unless you ask us first. Many tall boots have zips up the back, which is a no no. Jack boots seem to be harder to find.

The warrant officer (no rank bar) wears german jack boots, unless you are doing the ROTJ variant, in which case you can swap the pants for flared riding breeches and then you may wear equestrian boots.

Staff officer only ever wears the flared breeches and riding boots.
Shoot MyKill a message as he has both of these costumes approved I think so can give you the nitty gritty on what is useable for both.

Oh. Also start a WIP thread here. You'll get more feedback.
Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

FNG
DW2016
DW2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey there, heard you had cookies.... Star Scribe 4 3,863 Friday 31-May-2019, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Star Scribe
  Where's my cookies?? MissMiz 30 47,767 Monday 23-Jan-2012, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Buzzard