Lone Pine Sanctuary TFA Movie Night July 15
Troop Report 
Date: Friday 15th July 2016

Venue: Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Fig Tree Pocket, Qld

Time: 4pm – 6pm

Mission: To add some Star Wars characters to the Friday night free kids movie event at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. They host Farmers Markets and a free movie outside the Zoo by the river. Screening TFA, naturally having us attend was a good plan.

Trooper Attendance:
Redback Garrison:
Zerebin – Kylo Ren
Oevil1 - TK
Beanie – TFA TK
Mykill – Reserve Pilot

Southern Cross Garrison:
Rhino – Snowtrooper

RL:
Stormraven – Galactic Marine
Jediprincess – Xwing pilot
Natgear - Jedi
Rebelrach - Jedi

Support Crew:
Shazam (also photographer extraordinaire)
Lucky Phil
Gai – Southern Cross Garrison

Details:
Troopers assembled throughout the afternoon at Lone Pine Koala sanctuary. The weather was a bit inclement but no rain fell, and the temps were quite pleasant. We were shown to a demountable office our change area, a good location a short walk to our target trooping area. We were definitely near the zoo...“What an interesting smell you’ve discovered” was an understatement!

We entered the Sanctuary to not-unexpected stares and excitement from the patrons. When instructed to NOT stop for photos as we had a date with the koalas, of course Oevil1 the publicity hound did indeed stop for photos and was mobbed by a bunch of tourists. Well eventually everyone was…for a tourist it’s a pretty awesome thing to go to a zoo and meet Star Wars characters!

We were very fortunate to be able to get some group and individual photos with ‘Spoon’ the bulletproof koala who didn’t bat an eyelid being placed in the arms of such an odd array of characters. Troopers milled around and posed for pics with patrons and tourists.

Our wranglers were invaluable keeping the troopers safe at the sanctuary, with uneven terrain and fading light. Thanks to Gai and Shazam and Phil!

We headed out at twilight to the Farmers Markets and proceeded to do what we do best, wow the crowds, scare the crowds, have pics with the various stall owners and public, and inject that SW magic into the evening. The crowds were down a bit due to the weather, but the kids and parents, some in costume who came to see the movie, were pretty excited to see us.

As the light faded visibility was poor so we headed back to de-armour at 6pm just as the movie began. Troopers dispersed – home, to the markets for food, or to pull up some grass and watch The Force Awakens… again. It was great to look amongst the crowd and see the odd light saber or kid in a Stormtrooper mask here and there.

Thanks to all that came along on a Friday night, with all of its logistical challenges, but it was definitely a memorable troop!

Charity Funds Raised: Nil

Injuries / Malfunctions: Nil.

Public Incidents: NIL. Though Kylo did scare a few kiddies and took credit for demolishing the jumping castle (when it was really just deflated by the operator)

Mission Status: SUCCESS! Talking with the Events Manager later she was thrilled to have us along, super impressed with the costumes and way the crowd reacted and we hope to do some more events down the track with the Sanctuary. They were grateful we attended and I can attest our troopers were pretty stoked to meet some wildlife! It was a great little troop.

Photos

A big thanks to Shazam for his great photography skills!!

Poster

[Image: IMG_6587_zpswfutv8sm.jpg]

First order with koala

[Image: IMG_9831_zpsliopfydb.jpg]

Kylo spots a computer console oh no…

[Image: IMG_6581_zpssvi23kod.jpg]

Kylo destroys a computer console

[Image: IMG_6580_zpscglchrmu.jpg]

Say Koala!

[Image: IMG_9858_zps9ywrj1np.jpg]

Where to next – oh they have dingos!!

[Image: IMG_9850_zpseydwfbq3.jpg]

G’day Skip! What’s that? Sonny fell down a well?

[Image: IMG_9845_zpshqrvmwzj.jpg]

Just one churro thanks I’m watching my figure

[Image: IMG_9871_zpsrdaq9hls.jpg]

Dude you gotta try this…is that your mouth?

[Image: IMG_9868_zpsuycnqumx.jpg]

Kylo destroys the jumping castle

[Image: IMG_9874_zpsyqyvkodm.jpg]

Settling in for the outdoor movie

[Image: IMG_6589_zps3nox0eah.jpg]
Another awesome report Rach was a great night and on your birthday no less how awesome, loved it hope they get us back again in the future.
“Your a member of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.”
Awesomer troop guys!
Automatic doors make me feel like a jedi 

DW2016   DW2017 DW2018 DW2019
[Image: Q8GkS6o.jpg]
Looks like an awesome troop! I wanted to be there but work gets in the way of fun as usual. If they do the same for Rogue One next year I'll definitely be in that one
Great troop! Looks like a lot of fun
I am so glad I found you and didn't kill you.
Tusken 
B2B 
OCC18 (BARELY!)
Was heaps of fun.

Great report! Doppeldaumen1
Bunnies..... The cutest things ever!
yep was mint , well worth the trip up there
Looked like a great troop guys! Sorry I couldn't get away from work :/
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
Cool troop I would have loved that
, Well done
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
(Thursday 21-Jul-2016, 03:05 AM)Shazzam Wrote:  Another awesome report Rach was a great night and on your birthday no less how awesome, loved it hope they get us back again in the future.

You did another stellar job Simon keeping everyone safe and in line...and your photos are great, thanks again!!!
Great work guys :-)
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017
Geez that looks like it was a great troop! Bummer I missed it... good work troopers!
Have we ever hit anything with these things?

DW2016   OCC2016   BN16  
That was a great troop Jig and since their General Manager is a big fan I bet we'll be invited back again for another event Doppeldaumen1
Duty * Honor * Empire

What do you call a stormtrooper who can hit a target?
TIE Pilot Cheeky
Great troop report, and an awesome effort troopers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Looks like it was a great night. Only sad that I missed out on a great troop.
What is a pirates favourite letter?

You would think it was 'R' but it is the 'C' which they love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Rivers Dog Event Sithprincess 1 6,321 Monday 18-Sep-2017, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Imperial Drone
  31/07/15: Wamuran S.S Movie Night major payne 6 8,612 Sunday 9-Aug-2015, 08:53 AM
Last Post: SupaTrooper
Troop Report Pine Rivers Fun Run/ Walk Cavalier 14 24,059 Friday 1-Jun-2012, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Cavalier