Hello from Logan
Just found the local 501 here and I'm keen to get started.

Been a long time fan of SW since being a young fella. Love the 501st ideal of authentic costuming and raising money for children who aren't very well, it's like a perfect combination of enjoying a hobby and giving something back...love it!

I would like to start building a ANH Stormtrooper, so any advise where to get a kit or armor locally, would be awesome.

I've been tempted to buy an armor set on ebay, but not sure how good, accurate they are and if the price is good.

Is there a resource here to find suppliers? or is it something I do on my own to research and purchase. Sorry if these questions are silly, I'm sure it's been asked before.

I have a very screen accurate e11 that I purchased and I'm researching all the bits and pieces, just not too sure best place to get a full set of armor??

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Hopefully I've posted in the right category, please advise if I need to post somewhere else with questions.

Thanks heaps and I look forward to being involved here in this community.
Hey, Welcome to the forums. I think that you might find a lot of what your looking for in the forums for that detachment. Unsure myself which ones you might need to look at but looking at the CRL's might help find what is a good and bad way to make a costume. I am sure others have more info then I where to look for things as I just signed up myself and looking at creating something as soon as possible.

Also glad to see a new recruit from Logan as that is where I am based. Hope to see you in future troops.
What is a pirates favourite letter?

You would think it was 'R' but it is the 'C' which they love.
Welcome to the forums yman! I'm also looking at an ANH Stormtrooper build (just finished getting my jedi approval over on the Rebel Legion side so I'm going to be holding off starting my build for a few months).

Definitely take a look over at http://www.whitearmor.net/forum. There's a really good guide to sourcing some reputable vendors, and the pros and cons of each one.

Enjoy!
Stay On Target
Welcome to the forums!
Number 1 rule is to stay away from eBay.
Get onto the Stormtrooper detachment at whitearmor.net. In the Getting Started section there is a list of vetted sellers. Each will have their own pros and cons in terms of price, lead time, sizing etc.
Also, check out the CRLs here: http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=61 note there are two variants of ANH Stormtrooper.
Good luck and enjoy the journey!
Welcome to the forums, yman! All the best with your build.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Welcome to the forums! Definitely check out the CRL's as refenced above and ask lots of questions either here or on the FISD detachment forum. Good luck with everything!
Welcome aboard mate Smile
“Your a member of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.”
Hi there and welcome.

For stormtroopers there are quite a few to choose from, have a look over the Costume Reference Library (CRL) to find one that you want to go with.
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Once you have decided jump on over to the First Imperial Stoprmtooper Detachment (FISD) to do all you reserach and find a vetted seller of the armour. When talking to the sellers please give them as much information (height, weight, arm/leg measurments etc) so that you can get the right armour for your body type and budget.
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Also have a read through this thread to give you an idea on the membership process:
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

Any questions just ask.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome aboard. Listen to Phantom and live by his signature "Research, THEN, make it look like the picture!"
Ask heaps of questions as if there's anywhere you will get an honest and specific answer it's here. If you don't ask then you'll regret it and so will your wallet Wink
Automatic doors make me feel like a jedi 

DW2016   DW2017 DW2018 DW2019
[Image: Q8GkS6o.jpg]
Welcome to the forums
Welcome!
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Welcome. All the best with your build & if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Welcome to the boards.. All the best in your build..
It never hurts to ask, but it does if you make Assumptions.
Hi yman
Good advise given regarding ebay, it is a general rule that if it looks to good to be true, it probably is. Most of the costumes on there are not accurate and not approveable. The only exception to this is Mike (MTK) from FISD who does sell some of his kits there, but you are always best to contact him directly.
Definitely sign up on Whitearmor.net and say G'day in the New members introduction section, I hope to see you there.
Good luck on your journey and welcome to the forums.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
[Image: 174598_105937692815114_903723_n.jpg]WOOF WOOF!!!!