Howdy Springfield Lakes newbie here ☺
Afternoon Redback Garrison. 
First of all just wanted to say G,day and introduce myself, names Ryan and currently residing in Springfield lakes.
 Im wanting to acknowledge my starwars addiction and take it to the next level. 
But i want to do it the right way with the appropriate gear so that one day i may be excepted into the Garrison and stand beside you all against the rebel scum
 Straight to the point i understand its not a cheap process and being 6,2'' and 110 kilos i dont want to make the big purchase of a kit (tk stormtrooper) only to find im too big and it doesnt fit etc. 
I would very much appreciate any info in pointing me into the right direction to get started on this epic journey.
I love the work you all do and the smiles you put on the kids (and adults) faces and i to would love to one day be a part of that.. 
I appreciate the help and any info that gets thrown my way. 
Cheers guys and girls... 
regards Twinny.
Greetings and welcome! You'll find heaps of advice and help here on the QLD forum but the best advice for TK armour can be found on the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment forum.
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
These guys are focused solely on everything TK and will be able to give you some good advice. That is an international forum though so most the advice is relevant to the states, but they can still help you heaps. Otherwise scroll through the Redback forums for armour builds and don't be shy about asking questions.
We're all costuming dorks here and we all enjoying helping each other out. Best of luck with your build.
"Hey X-Mez!"

"Damn it, it's pronounced Xmez with a Z. Like the X in xylophone, or xerxes, or xenomorph." 

"Sure thing X-Mez. Whatever you say."

Banghead
Welcome to the forums Twinny. Xmez has given you some solid advice. You can also take a look at the legion CRL http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL and choose which version of Stormtrooper you'd like to build and ask questions from there
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
I would personally recommend armour master, they are on a list of makers from the white armor detachment and make the 'A New Hope' Stormtroopers for large guys!
You've taken your first step into a larger world.

The droid.. stole a freighter?

DW2016
HI there mate and welcome....

Yeah you can't beat the iconic white armour from the original trilogy..

There are quite a few TKs to choose from so have a look over Costume Reference Library (CRL) and pick one that you are passionate about.
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Once you have decided jump on over to the detachment to do all your research, you can never do enough research. There you will also find the list of vetted sellers for the armour.
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

While you are reading and researching have a read of this thread to give you an idea on how the approval process works.
http://www.501st.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=6720

If in doubt always ask.

Have fun and enjoy your time here!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Thank heaps guys for all of your responses. I appreciate the links and info guys. Will start doing the research and follow the white rabbit. Will definitely look into armour master ! Seriously guys thanks so much.
Welcome to the forums!
Hi There welcome to the fun house

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Welcome to the forums, Ryan. I'm at Springfield Lakes too. All the best with your TK build.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Welcome, just starting a TK build myself, good luck with the journey
(Thursday 13-Oct-2016, 08:53 PM)Dreadnought Wrote:  Welcome to the forums, Ryan. I'm at Springfield Lakes too. All the best with your TK build.
Cheers Dreadnought.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
G'Days Ryan, I should've seen this thread earlier. I myself am a Springfield resident also, only 5 minutes from Orion.
I have been a member since 2010 and own a Tusken Raider, General Wier (Shadow Scout), and AM TK armour. I'm a bit shorter than yourself, at 5'11" and 108kgs (and falling). Phantom has already given some great info on TKs, but if you ever want to see some AM armour in the flesh before buying, give us a holla. We may have an event coming up next month at Orion.
Howdy hopfot, cheers for your reply. Yeah that would be awesome to get an insight into some tk armour before i make my purchase. Hopefully il be home to check you guys out when you make it to Orion. I work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off over in WA so generally im always away when something cool is on the cards. Once again thanks hopfot and look forward to learning some of your knowledge in the future..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from Springfield Lakes! Dreadnought 18 21,350 Sunday 21-Sep-2014, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Sly
  Hi from North Lakes Dw 16 19,725 Friday 19-Sep-2014, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Kev Vader