Trooper Armour
Hello, Seen the Redback 501st guys a few times over the years & each time makes me think i would be very interested to join you guys. have been big Starwars fan --saw the original in 1977 at the drive in as a kid!  Looking at armour ( ANH style), looked online at heaps of places & been on whitearmor .net etc. really after armour that will fit without too much alteration as I am 176cm & slim. also not too expensive.WTF (walts trooper) also Anovos seem to have sets.TK armour. com has a deal 2 for 1 but is it any good ? if it is ok anyone interested in going in with the second kit?. It would be nice to get into the 501st if possible.don't want to get ripped off/ get a kit that too hard to make or would be too hard to get approved.Thanks
From personal experience steer clear of TKarmour.com , with the Anovos turn around time I would also be reluctant to hand over my money to them , MTK armor is a worthy consideration , just do your due diligence on the White armor forum .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Welcome to the forum!
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
(Monday 27-Feb-2017, 06:32 PM)Imperial Drone Wrote:  Welcome to the forum!

Thanks.

What armour do most guys here have? /find the best
Hi & welcome to the forums. 
TK great choice... i have an Anovos kit and think its awesome, nice sharp detail in the pulls of the abs. Sly will tell you the frown needs work but what does he know ! Ha ha ha... you'll understand my dig soon...
 If you are wanting to get cracking soon DON'T buy Anovos.. it can take upto a year for delivery. Like Cyclops said avoid the crappy armour.
Have fun!!
Have we ever hit anything with these things?

DW2016   OCC2016   BN16  
Welcome to the Redback Forums.

As has been mentioned, make sure you sign up to www.whitearmor.net (FISD). This is the one stop shop for an enormous amount of information on Stormtroopers, armour, weapons from the films. There is a list of vetted armour makers, so there is plenty of choice when it comes to buying a kit.
Make sure you introduce yourself over there in the New member introductions, and check out the Getting started section.
Hope to see you on the FISD forums soon.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome to the forums. I am currently building an MTK armour kit. I had good service from Mike.
Yeah jump on and sign up on FISD to find reputable re-sellers and accurate armour.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Down to 3 choices. Armour kit from either WTF. Troopermaster or RS propmasters. Anyone with any of these here?
TM and RS any day, far more accurate than WTF.
If it comes down to the dollars, MTK would be my choice over WTF.
RS is virtually all cast of an original film used set, TM is very similar, they are very good but you pay for it. TM call have lengthy delays from time to time and sometimes his communication may not be the best, but he has many very happy customers.

How tall are you whats your weight and build type as each set of armour is a little different in size. This sort of information is a great help for anyone to assist you with which kit might be more size suitable.

(Saturday 4-Mar-2017, 04:38 PM)Sly Wrote:  TM and RS any day, far more accurate than WTF.
RS is virtually all cast of an original film used set, TM is very similar, they are very good but you pay for it. TM call have lengthy delays from time to time and sometimes his communication may not be the best, but he has many very happy customers.

How tall are you whats your weight and build type as each set of armour is a little different in size. This sort of information is a great help for anyone to assist you with which kit might be more size suitable.

thanks for reply MTK said not making armour any more. I chatted withTM he said his should fit height. (176cm slim build)  TM & RS are alot more $ than WTF. Currently all ate 3-6weeks which is fine as i expect to take more than that to build it nicely.
(Sunday 5-Mar-2017, 09:13 AM)ANH1977 Wrote:  
(Saturday 4-Mar-2017, 04:38 PM)Sly Wrote:  TM and RS any day, far more accurate than WTF.

thanks for reply MTK said not making armour any more. I chatted withTM he said his should fit height. (176cm slim build)  TM & RS are alot more $ than WTF. Currently all ate 3-6weeks which is fine as i expect to take more than that to build it nicely.

Also consider AP for a slim build, its what I have, and I love it.

AP where do i get that.. cant find sny web links to it.
Sing up on FISD and there is a list of vetted sellers you can find his contact details there.
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Hiya Mate,

Whilst I am not an all knowing TK armour kinda guy, I would personally look at other sources than WTF.
\Whilst the armour is cheaper and his lead times are good, your get what you pay for.

If the TK armour is anything like his TI armour you will spend just as much money/time/resources fixing it up to a decent standard as you would if you just bought better armour...

.....just my 2 cents.

Oh and welcome to the forums Smile
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]