Gladstone Pop Con Event April 2017
[attachment=4049]Date:01.04.2017
Venue: Gladstone PCYC

Time:10.00am - 4.00pm

Mission: This was Gladstone's first ever Pop Con event. Our mission was to support the event and to bring the word of our beloved Emperor to the masses.

Trooper Attendance:
13330 - Monstar - TK

37781 - DarkFather - ROTJ Darth Vader (SL)
22372 - Arienh - TD
10429 - Poindex - Commander Trauma
13505 - Xmex - Tusken Raider

Support Crew / Guest Trooper Attendance:

5245 - Deltorn - Support
Super Cadet - Bladelus - Support

Details:

Deltorn and Xmez arrived on the Friday, just after TC Debbie left. Deltorn and I recee'd the venue that afternoon and set up most of the stall. Then we headed back down Saturday morning to get down to business. Xmez & I suited up first as Darkfather and Arienh were delayed by flooded roads.
Once the doors were opened, we were swamped with requests for photo's and information about who we are and what we do. An excellent start! Deltorn suggested breaking out the collection bucket, so with Bladelus in support, I moved around the venue to mix with the crowd, while Deltorn and Xmez held the fort.
Philip and Mel arrived about the time the Con opened and begun to dress up. Mel came out first and guarded our stall while Phil supported. After lunch, Phil suited up and with Mel in support, drew a large crowd with his menacing presence. This also attracted some Rebel scum to the area, but they were quickly shut down by our awesomeness. It was also at this time that reinforcements arrived in the form of Commander Trauma, cooling helping to bring the situation under control by keeping a commanding presence in the area.
The day wrapped up about 3.30pm which allowed some of us to catch up with the Sons of Obiwan for a few lessons in lightsaber skills. I have since talked with the organiser and she has informed me that this day was a total success and we can look forward to seeing it being a annual event from now on. Mission success! 
A big thank you to all those who participated to make this event the success that it was. 

Charity Funds Raised: $137 for Queensland Cancer Council.

Injuries / Malfunctions: None that I know of.

Public Incidents: Nil.

Mission Status: Total success

Photos:

Hi all, sorry for the delay in posting this as per the seven day requirement. I've been having some personnel issues which distracted me sufficiently from even remembering that I had to get this done...

Thanks to all that helped out on the day and for those that braved flooded and damaged roads to get here to be a part of the inaugural event.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Regards,

Jason

"Courage isn't having the strength to go on - it is going on when you don't have strength." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Great work troopers!
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Great pics. Where there any Galactic Academy kids in attendance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I use the Tuscan Vader pic on Redback public page and who to credit pls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
====================================================================
Proud Redback Garrison member, Redback Alliance member and Tatooine Base CO
NIce, wish I had come! Good work guys!!
Automatic doors make me feel like a jedi 

DW2016   DW2017 DW2018 DW2019
[Image: Q8GkS6o.jpg]
Well done guys and a great write up too Wink
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
It was a top little troop. Gladly do it again next year... as long as parmy is better. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GECB promo Tatts Thurs 13 April 2017 Iceheart 4 7,280 Saturday 15-Apr-2017, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Iceheart