New recruit - Rockhampton CQ
Hi, they call me frogZ and I am a newb from Rocky so be gentle.
I am 50+ and a HUGE Star Wars, like the rest of you my lounge room is a temple to all things Star Wars and it slowly taking over the house with the support of my suffering partner.
Also into bikes that have taken over downstairs with mostly Ducatis and Kwakas, but that is not the problem.
I was dumb and bought Rubies Stormie armour before finding I shouldn't have.
I see it is possible to make it ROTJ 501st compatible and have downloaded the requirements but was wondering if there was someone who had done it successfully that can let me know what I need to do specifically and where to get the bits to do so. The guy I bought it off has done some mods but mainly with regards to wearing it rather than compliance.
Also looking to hook up with local members but don't know where to start, to be honest the Rubies thing has thrown me a bit.
HELP!!.
Hi and welcome to the forums I can't help with the costume but I'm sure others will be able to
Sith  Use your hate and strike me down  Sith
DW2017 FNG
Welcome to the forum frogZ! There are a few troopers around the Rocky area that might be able to help you with your Stormy build. Hopefully they will introduce themselves here soon. In the meantime, have you signed up to whitearmor.net ? That is the forum for all things ballistically challenged and hopefully someone on there has the info you need.
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
Welcome. Sell the Rubies and start again mate. A few people have made that mistake and that is the best option in my opinion. To get a Rubies up to speed is not easy and not really worth it. Do a bit of reasearch here on the forums and move forward to joining.
Welcome frogZ Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
(Friday 26-May-2017, 08:49 PM)APOK Wrote:  Welcome. Sell the Rubies and start again mate. 

OUCH. Looks like it will be going on the manakin in the corner of the lounge. 
Off to whitearmour to see what the issue is.
Not finding a lot of information on this at all.
Is it a problem with Rubies the company, or an actual problem with the armour itself?
If so what part, I see they SAY the helmet but not what or why?
It seems very odd (and slightly suspicious)
I see a lot people SAYING its no good but nobody is willing to tell me why or give me any specifics.
Is it a Yank thing?
Does the armour have to come from a 501st affiliate with associated kick back?
If it is not something that your supposed to talk about someone please pm me.

I am prepared to put in the time and effort with the suit, or buy bits I need AND put in to the 501st, but not if it is just a backscratch thing for an elite few.

I have Ducatis, some actually ride them while others sit around discussing how this is that part is not OEM and putting ##### on people that actually DO ride.
Please, PLEASE tell me this is not the same sort of #####.
Hi frogZ

Mate I beleive it is more of an accuracy issue - the Rubies are a generic commercially produced costume where movie accuracy has been sacrificed for speed of manufacture etc.

Shiney Whitey's are really not my thing but I am sure if you message Sly through the PM system he will be able to give you a full run down on all the Rubies issues.

Whilst it does not apply to the Rubies TK I know that the dimensions, ears, brow, eyes and mohawk on the old Rubies TIE helmets are all incorrect so the sheer time/cost of fixing them makes it pointless and easier to just buy a whole new helmet.

As for kickbacks/backscratching and gratuities in the Legion - this is against the Legion charter so the Rubies comments are not in anyway related to anyone "getting their cut" etc.

Cheers
Slide.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Thank you VERY much.
I was quickly losing interest and previous experience with other (motorcycle) clubs made me cynical.
Thanks for allaying my fears.
Will track Sly down.
Welcome to the forums Smile
BN15DW2016OCC2015OCC2016BN16DW2017DW2018
Welcome to the forumns
FNG  DW2018  Bobafett  DW2016 DW2017 SN17
Hey frogz, thanks for reaching out mate. Hopefully my current response to you was enough to start getting your teeth into.
As Slide has mentioned regarding the Tie helmets from Rubies, the TK helmets are far from accurate and just don't look right. Once you see a correct helmet side by side with the rubies, I'm sure you will agree.
Check out the few build threads on ROTJ armour on FISD and you will find others have modified Rubies in the past, and achieved basic approval, but if it's the accuracy that you are really after, then a complete new kit will be required. As per my recent response to you, please check out CFO (Cast from original) he has the best ROTJ parts available considering he owns a screen used suit from the movie, and all his parts are indeed moulded from it. He is pretty much the global expert on ROTJ armour and he's a bloody good Bloke for a Pom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Hi Frogz. Welcome. I'm here in rocky and happy to help. I've just started building a TK (anovos) and can show you some pointers. I'm still learning myself.

Pm me you details and we can catch up.

Poindex.

Aka Wally.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet another Rockhampton recruit poindex 8 11,108 Monday 8-Apr-2013, 10:17 AM
Last Post: BIDS
  New recruit (Rockhampton) Toaster 23 35,193 Saturday 5-May-2012, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Mersenne