Any tips for beginners.
Hi my name is Tristan, I've seen the 501st at some events and one of my friends is joining soon, I'm 17 turning 18 in dec and was wanting to become part of the 501st soon,

Any tips on how to get started would be awesome Smile thank you ^~^
Hi Tristan, welcome to Redback country.

Tip #1: stay away from eBay.

Some things on there are good. A lot is utter crap. If in doubt, post up a link and get another opinion before dropping good money on junk.

Tip #2: let us know what costume you want to do. Many members can point you in the right direction to what you are after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Hey and Welcome :D

1. Pick a better forum name Wink sounds like I'm being an arse but the Forum name is the call-sign you will go by everywhere in the group and I have no idea how it pronounce that Smile Moxxxie or Altair will be able to assist with the name change (I think the first one's free but then is a drinks fee after that Wink )

2. Do you have a particular costume you are drawn to? either way have a look at the CRL of costumes at http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL ... once you have an idea where you want to head we can give better directions
DW2013 to DW2018
Welcome Smile
[Image: i_survived_stamp_by_hidan_is_mine-d2y8ith.gif] [Image: obi_wan_says_hello_by_hellovanity.jpg]
[Image: DW2018.png]  [Image: GCSN18.png] 
Thanks for some of the tips xD for a forum name tho would it be easier to just call me Blu. I'll put those tips into consideration and listen to you guys thank you so much ^~^
Welcome to the forum.

Before you spend any money:
- do lots of research
- ask lots of questions
- let us know where you are so that members near you can invite you to an armour party
[Image: DW2018.png]   [Image: SN18.png]

[Image: VZnMXmI.jpg]
Welcome to the Redback forums.
Nick names are generally the best, short and sweet.. We have a Bluski, so it might get a little confusing.
As soon as I saw your forum name I thought of "Heston", as in Heston Blumenthall the world famous chef lol.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
We also already have a Blue as well
DW2013 to DW2018
Do you guys have any suggestion for names ? ^~^ thanks for all these replies
(Sunday 11-Jun-2017, 09:19 PM)major payne Wrote:  Hi Tristan, welcome to Redback country.

Tip #1: stay away from eBay.

Some things on there are good. A lot is utter crap. If in doubt, post up a link and get another opinion before dropping good money on junk.

Tip #2: let us know what costume you want to do. Many members can point you in the right direction to what you are after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These tips are spot on for every beginner like me. Thank you so much! I will keep my browser away from ebay from now on.
Want to know whos the top wedding makeup artist in AU? This weblink will guide you!