Hey troopers
Hi all, i'm Jay
New to the whole 501st scene, I've been a long time fan of the Legions work and decided it's time that I join the cause.
I have a half assembled Kylo Ren costume and would love people's input and opinions, I would also love as much info as I can get about a TK for myself and my partner.
Thank you all Smile
Evening mate it's awesome to see another potential Kylo in making

So to get you started there's two big things you'll want to do. You'll want to have a good in-depth read of the Kylo CRL's as this will be your bible to getting your Kylo approved. If it meets these criteria then you're in the right track! Also there's two Kylo CRL's, the standard that's in the majority of TFA and his Starkiller Base variant from the later part of the film.
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Kylo_Ren

I would also implore you to head over to the 501st Sith lord Detachment Forums. As these are the offical forums for all our Sith Lords in the Legion and is full of our Kylo experts who are always happy to help. What you'll want to do is sign and introduce yourself like you did here Smile 

Then you'll want to start up a WIP Thread (Work in Progress) and this is where you would post all your build progress, parts lists and so on. The WIP is something you'd want to post on both the SLD and here on these forums Doppeldaumen1 
http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?act=idx
DW2016 DW2018 DW2019 
BN16 SN17 SN18 SN19
Distance Traveled To Troops =  4346.4km
Hi Jay and welcome to the forums! Studio49 has given you some solid info regarding Kylo. As for TK's your best bet is to join up at www.whitearmor.net and say hi there. There's a bunch of info there as well for you to research and if you have any specific questions feel free to ask them here and on whitearmor.

Hope that helps!
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
Hi and welcome to the forums
Sith  Use your hate and strike me down  Sith
DW2017 FNG
Thanks guys,
I've spent a lot of time breaking down the CRL for TFA Ren and asked so many questions to approved Kylos.
Most of my parts are sorted except the sleeves need to be tighter and waxed and i'm missing my hood/cape, the correct basket weave material is so damn hard to find in Aus.
I shall take your advices and checkout some more forums in the meantime.
Welcome to the forums!
Maybe try contacting Zerebin or Oigen, they are the two approved Redback Kylos and might be able to help you source the material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk