50th Birthday Party - Redlands
Troop Report 
Date: Saturday 3rd March 2018

Venue: Redlands Sporting Club
Anson Rd, Wellington Point QLD 4160. 

Time: 6:00pm-9:00pm

Mission: To attend a 50th Birthday Party for a lifelong Star Wars fan.

Trooper Attendance:
Redback Garrison: 
Bikuchan ID
Blue IC
Booster TI
Donut TS
Dreadnought BH
MyKill TI:RP
Nilrem TK
Satel ID
Teiwaz SL
Wendell DS

Tatooine Base: 
Dark Dora DZ

Geonosis School: 
Bailey CKOR2057
Zoe CREY2066

Support Crew:
Stormborn - wrangling and photos.

Details: Our hostess invited us to attend a science fiction themed fancy dress party for her husband's 50th birthday. For this party everyone knew the 501st was attending, except the birthday boy. We had good communications with the hostess in the weeks leading up to the event and all the arrangements were well organised. The troopers all arrived on time and we were set up in the change room with snacks and water. 

An hour into the party we walked into the room as the DJ played the Imperial March. All eyes turned to the birthday boy, who was completely blown away. In particular he is huge fan of Boba Fett, and Dreadnought's appearance brought a huge smile. We stayed in costume for the next hour everyone had all the photos they wanted. After an hour we retreated to de-kit, and the party went on to other things. 

As arranged, after we de-kitted we returned to the party. We were able to talk to the guests about the 501st and what we do. Troopers had their buckets and mingled with the guests, discussing the costumes, the 501st organisation and how to join. We also discussed our upcoming events especially Pink Stumps Day, which was our charity of the day. Aside from a generous donation from the hostess, we were able to take a bucket around the tables to collect for Pink Stumps Day.  

Thanks to Dreadnought for bringing the star power of Boba Fett and Stormborn for her help wrangling and photos. Thanks Bailey and Zoe who did a great job representing the Galactic Academy.

Thanks to all the troopers. 10 different costumes is a great variety for a birthday party. The feedback from around the room was fantastic and that was reflected in the generous donations. Special mention to MyKill and Blue, who backed up from an SCG troop at Chinderah earlier in the day. 

Charity Funds Raised: $1233.55 for Redback Garrison's Pink Stumps Day.   

Injuries / Malfunctions: Nil

Public Incidents: Nil

Mission Status: Complete Success

Photos: Imgur album here: https://imgur.com/a/lMOi8

[Image: tpU7LzE.jpg]
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
What an amazing result! Well done, everyone!
Great work gang
Tusken " Better DEAD Than SMEG!!! " DancingTK

DW2017
It was a good night and a great monetary contribution to Pink Stumps Day. Well done everyone involved and thanks to Dave for POC duties.
[Image: 2PNdiLg.png]
Great troop, and wow wonderful result for Pink Stumps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well done troopers Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Awesome stuff. Well done everyone
[Image: DW2018.png]   [Image: SN18.png]

[Image: VZnMXmI.jpg]
A great result for a small troop what a great night it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great troop along with a excellent result for Pink Stumps.  Peace
GCSN16 >> GCSN18  
DW2016 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18
BN15 >> SN18
I really enjoyed doing this troop. The party goers were very interested in what we do and the donations were simply amazing.
One Day I will be as cool as Slide!
[Image: DW2017.png][Image: OCC2017.jpg] [Image: SN17.png] 
[Image: DW2018.png] [Image: SN18.png]
Great work Troopers!
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
Amazing work guys!! Very bitter I wasn't able to attend this.
I am so glad I found you and didn't kill you.
Tusken 
B2B 
OCC18 (BARELY!)
Great work team.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Great work troopers:-)
FNG SN17 OCC2015DW2015BN15DW2016 DW2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Troop Report 50th Birthday Party - Mudgeeraba Teiwaz 13 12,567 Wednesday 24-Jan-2018, 08:26 PM
Last Post: APOK
Troop Report 50th Birthday Hervey Bay Baytrooper 11 13,303 Saturday 30-Jul-2016, 08:08 AM
Last Post: ponchomon
Troop Report 5th September Birthday Party (Alex's 6th Birthday) Sly 10 14,048 Wednesday 9-Sep-2015, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Rebelrach