Inspired aspirer (???)
Troop Report 
Hello legends. 
My name is Kerri and I am a cosplayer from way back when. As a teenager in 2006ish 2005. I don’t know. If any of you guys were around for the first supanovas you would probably remember me. Anyways. I’m 30 now and life happens and I’ve been out the game for a fair few years. My passion turned from anime and solidified into star war wars obsession for the past decade. My husband. My kids. All fans. But I’m the obsessive one. The calendars, the same binary sunset ringtone for 3 years. The shirts. The merch. The online groups (good bad and ugly haha)You get the drift. Live it
I saw you guys at dreamworld today and I fangirled hard. I couldn’t even get a pic with anyone I nearly cried.. It made me realise how much I missed my cosplay days. My amazing group of friends who shared my passions and would love to just merge the two loves 
I have no clue on what direction to go yet. But I’m dedicated and determined and willing to put it all in to join you guys! Is there any character that would be of particular value to you guys to aspire to?
Welcome to the forums, we have a wide and diverse range of characters and always need more , it is a personal journey so find a character you like and we’ll point you in the direction you need to get started .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Welcome to the boards.

As Bruce said, find a character you like and go for it. If you don’t have a passion for what your doing, you’ll never get it done.

Hopefully you can come again tomorrow, or meet up with us again soon and have a chat. There’s always someone that is willing to point you in the right direction. There’s a wealth of knowledge ready to be tapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Welcome :-)
"Lord Vader, the battle station plans are not aboard this ship and no transmissions were made."
Welcome to the forum! All costumes are equally welcome so as has been mentiined before, have a scroll through the CRL's and see if there is a costume that speaks to you Smile
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
Welcome to the forums
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Good advice above. The route that many go is to choose a relatively simple (and generally more budget friendly) costume as their entry point. Some of the most common ones are Jawas, Staff Officers, and TIE Pilot Reserves. Once you get approved and start trooping then the sky (and budget) are your limit and you certainly won't struggle for inspiration. (I currently have three costumes 'on the go' in my head Wink )

Of course, none of that is to say that if you shouldn't do a complex costume if that's what really grabs you.

Either way, welcome, and hopefully we see in costume with us soon.
[Image: DW2018.png]   [Image: SN18.png]

[Image: VZnMXmI.jpg]
(Tuesday 26-Jun-2018, 07:05 AM)Nighthawk Wrote:  Good advice above. The route that many go is to choose a relatively simple (and generally more budget friendly) costume as their entry point. Some of the most common ones are Jawas, Staff Officers, and TIE Pilot Reserves. Once you get approved and start trooping then the sky (and budget) are your limit and you certainly won't struggle for inspiration. (I currently have three costumes 'on the go' in my head Wink )

Of course, none of that is to say that if you shouldn't do a complex costume if that's what really grabs you.

Either way, welcome, and hopefully we see in costume with us soon.

thanks. That’s very true. I have my heart set on a couple complex ones that will take a long time. 
Many advice on a relatively accessible costume for a complete beginner? Cost isn’t really an issue I would just love an entry point, get amongst it and start my complex ones ASAP 
Welcome to the boards, let your new journey begin.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Want to be inspired?
Want Minimal training and low pay?
Want to fly the Empires finest fighting machines?

Want no more - Now is your chance!!
The Imperial Navy wants YOU!!
Come along to flight school https://www.facebook.com/groups/ANZFlightSchool/ where you will learn all you need to know about becomming a Reserve TIE Pilot in just a few short chats.

A gateway to the Jolly Roger Squadron, Imperial Gunner Corps and the Imperial Officer Corps, the TIE Reserve is a brilliant jumping off point for your career with the Empire fines, the mighty Redback Garrison!!!

Dont delay, come on over and join TODAY!

Cheers'
S.E.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Welcome Kerri!!
I second what Cyclops said - find something that you like as it is your own journey and will be your costume and pride and joy!
Its a pity you didn't come and say hi and got some photos as its a great opportunity to ask heaps of questions.. but I'm glad you are on the forums now! And don't worry - we all fangirl too!
My advice is to do heaps of research and ask heaps of questions.  We all started where you are and are very happy to help, this bunch is a motley fun helpful family Peace
DancingTK Gix
DW2016 DW2017
DW2018 GCSN19 
SN19  

Save
Thanks so much guys. I’ve been reading so much of the forums and getting a good idea of what’s involved. But it’s soo overwhelming the information.
As I said I am more than willing to put in the work/expense but here is just so much information I don’t know where to start or how to bring everything together.
Ultimately I’d loves phasma. I have a Kylo half done I want to do this as an additional.
I have to say the TIE pilots looked amazing and I was eyeing them off from the start! So maybe that’s where I will start! I’ve requested a join to the Facebook page ?

But yeh I guess I just need a bit of mentoring.

I’m Brisbane north. North lakes if anyone is around the area
Hi Kerri

I added you to the flight school this morning but I was boarding a plane so couldn't welcome you properly, I will introduce you tonight!
North Lakes is great - we have a pretty good array of TIE Pilots in Chermside, Stafford, Kalangur, North Lakes etc so pleanty of people to talk to.

As others have said - choose a costume you truly want to build!
A reserve TIE is a great starting point just to get you approved and trooping but ultimately you should look out for a costume that really appeals to you.

Cheers
S.E.
[Image: XWRBjqC.jpg]
Pay no notice to the silly Flyboy lol
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Annnd I’ve decided on Iden Versio ? now to start!