hi all
My name is adam, but if you like you can call me hendo, i am 38 years old from brisbane and currently serve in the Australian Army. I am brand new to costuming and have taken the first step so i might start small and buy a scout trooper costume.I have always enjoyed star wars since i was a kid growing up and was always fascinated by the empire especially darth vader.  I am new this but have seen some of you at supanova conventions etc and thought that looks like something i could get behind and thoroughly support in my down time when i'm not going away from home for long periods. I'm currently in the process of searching for a high quality scout trooper outfit online and have found a few companies but any feedback would be good, i will keep checking the social events threads and keep an eye out for any event's where i will be home as i would love to meet as many of you as possible to get a feel of how you guys/girls run and what you all do. I look forward to meeting you all and if there's any question's you want to ask me please feel free.
Kind Regards Hendo
Welcome to the forums mate , Scouts are a good mobile costume to venture into , the Pathfinders detachment is a valuable source of info , Studio Creations make a good easy to procure and assemble kit , Moncal make a good scout , not so easy to procure , from a personal perspective given that I’ve built a few scouts I’d steer clear of WTF kits but that’s just my opinion . Mammasith can help you with screen accurate flightsuit , flakvest and cummerbund, O’evil one makes a good scout holdout blaster , you have the option of making your own boots or buying commercially from the likes of Imperial Boots , lastly the gloves are generally sourced from wompawear , I’m sure you’ll enjoy your journey through the build process.
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Welcome to the forums mate Smile
[Image: VXgDbT3.jpg]
DW2016
FNG
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 160405-q3UIBsCIbCKA.jpg]
Welcome to the forums
BN12GCSN13:DW13:
Welcome to the forums! Cyclops has given you some good advice and scouts always have a good time at a troop. Keep an eye out for that GaugeRage fella, he's a troublemaker :P
FNG  OCC2017  CVIII DW2017  BN16 OCC2016
Thanks heaps for the feedback everyone ?. I have a general question has anyone used armoryshop on Etsy? A friend of mine mentioned them to me.
Welcome to the Redback forums Adam.
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
If you go onto the Pathfinders detachment you will find a list of vetted sellers they recommend and also a list of good or bad experiences with vendors.
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
In the end I went with studio creations I heard a lot of positive things about them from the patherfinder detachment and got the remaining from imperialboots. All I need is a blaster which I emailed 0evil1 to see if he could help out as he came highly recommended from cyclops ?. Now just play the waiting game for it to arrive.
(Monday 22-Apr-2019, 09:12 PM)Kylo_ren Wrote:  In the end I went with studio creations I heard a lot of positive things about them from the patherfinder detachment and got the remaining from imperialboots. All I need is a blaster which I emailed 0evil1 to see if he could help out as he came highly recommended from cyclops ?. Now just play the waiting game for it to arrive.

Welcome to the forums Adam, those are three good choices. I've got all three of those and they will last you for years. Especially the boots. The only issue I had with the imperials was they were too tall, they looked like go-go boots. Mister Minute cut them down and stitched them. But before you do that, just make sure you triple check the correct height.
GCSN16 >> GCSN19
DW2015 >> DW2018
OCC2015 >> OCC18  
BN15 >> SN18
Studio Creations is a safe choice , be aware that off the rack soft parts will be a generic fit and not custom made , may also require modifications to meet 501st approval .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Just received my jumpsuit etc from imperial boots, does anyone have a tutorial or video how to put together the cummerbund/diaper it’s in parts at the moment with a piece of Velcro and some other parts but no instructions any help would be much appreciated or if anyone knows someone here on the redback garrison that could put it togeather on my behalf would be very thankful