Hello from Ipswich, Qld!
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to join the forums and take my first step in joining the 501st! For the last few years, I've become a big time collector ranging from life-size helmets, weapons and props, Sideshow and Hot Toys Sixth and Fourth Scales, and Gentle Giant statues and busts. I also dabble in 3D printing and have a wearable custom Mandalorian, Commander Wolffe, and C-3PO. However, I've never worn these in public or trooped before. I was recently at the Toowoomba Christmas Wonderland and met Bo Katan and Commander Cody which has solidified my wanting to join the legion and start getting involved in the community more. Any guidance on how to start this process and which ones of my costumes I can sign up with here would be great! Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Welcome aboard fettwrecked, there are a tonne of people here with a wealth of knowledge just feel free to ask away. There are quite a lot of sources for armour and costuming material but I have found a lot of members get the soft parts ( clothing and boots) from imperial boots and the armour pieces from studio creations.
"The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural."
Welcome to our forums.
The 501st have very specific guide lines for what meets the standard for approval on all costumes.
Firstly, you should hop on to the 501st Costume reference library (CRL) and decide which costume you want to start with.
Each costume has a reference library that must be adhered to, as far as the specifications, but also the costume must fit you well.
Although we do have members that have various parts 3D printed on their costumes, not all files and prints are accurate enough to allow approve to become a full member and troop in.
https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRL
Your journey and research now begins Smile
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
Welcome to the forums .
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Welcome!

There are a few members out Ipswich way - my hubby and I are both in Redbank, so not too far away!

I have a custom Mandalorian as well and am in the process of building a second. I'd love to see pics of yours!
Are you a member of the Mandalorian Mercs?
[Image: jImnAK.jpg]
(Friday 20-Dec-2019, 07:42 PM)Tirilia Wrote:  Welcome!

There are a few members out Ipswich way - my hubby and I are both in Redbank, so not too far away!

I have a custom Mandalorian as well and am in the process of building a second. I'd love to see pics of yours!
Are you a member of the Mandalorian Mercs?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'll check the CRL and see how mine match up. I'm not a Merc yet, Tirilia - I haven't got around to sending in pictures for approval yet but hopefully in the coming months I'll get organised and can share some pictures. Smile
Hi Fettwrecked!

I was Commander Cody at the Wonderland Smile

Glad to have you aboard!
[Image: 53289799330_7946086c0f_z.jpg]
(Monday 23-Dec-2019, 07:38 PM)Bolt_2112 Wrote:  Hi Fettwrecked!

I was Commander Cody at the Wonderland Smile

Glad to have you aboard!

Nice to meet you again! My niece adored getting a photo with you. It's good to be here and I'm looking forward to doing some troops myself.
Welcome to the forums mate! I'm originally from Ipswich but have moved up to the Sunny Coast, good luck on your journey
Where is my salute trooper?  Wink
SN18  GCSN19 SN19
Welcome to the forums. Sounds like a few of the locals have already got you started on your journey. Call out if you want any guidance on how the costume approval process works and who to talk to. The Garrison has a host of excellent costumers who can guide you through, but once you make a decision on which costume you need I'd suggest having a quick chat with our GML (Mammasith) as she is not only a wealth of knowledge but also the person whom you eventually will submit your application for approval. Helps to keep on her good side Smile

Welcome
One Day I will be as cool as Slide!
[Image: DW2017.png][Image: OCC2017.jpg] [Image: SN17.png] 
[Image: DW2018.png] [Image: SN18.png]