new member - cairns
hi guys,

honored to be part of the 501st

I'm new to the 501st and i live in Cairns Far North Queensland, its so hard to find fans alike up here for ANY kind of events/meets etc.

i was looking at purchasing my first stormtrooper armor as i have wanted it since i was a child in first seeing the movies.

what are peoples recommendations to buy a kit? i have been in contact with '850 ARMOR WORKS' in the US. they seem good.

thanks and look forward to hearing from people
(Thursday 13-Feb-2020, 12:55 PM)rynoday80 Wrote:  hi guys,

honored to be part of the 501st

I'm new to the 501st and i live in Cairns Far North Queensland, its so hard to find fans alike up here for ANY kind of events/meets etc.

i was looking at purchasing my first stormtrooper armor as i have wanted it since i was a child in first seeing the movies.

what are peoples recommendations to buy a kit? i have been in contact with '850 ARMOR WORKS' in the US. they seem good.

thanks and look forward to hearing from people
Welcome to the redback forums.
If you haven't already, head on over to www.whitearmor.net   it is the detachment that looks after all the shiny white stormtrooper.
We have an introduction section where you can ask plenty of questions, but there is also a getting started section that has a list of reputable vetted armour makers. It's a good place to start.
I was unaware 850 made standard Stormtroopers, unless its one of the variants.
They also differ from movie to movie so maybe you are referring to a First Order Stormtrooper.
Which movie?
"The Death Star plans are not in the main computer"

[Image: T0ZvRQv.png]

[Image: Eu2xjUD.png]
hi Sly,

yeah so im looking at the OT-TK stormtrooper and 850 Armor Works does the Rogue One/Solo TK stormtrooper.
im guessing there are many variants of them and i clearly need to do more research.

thanks for your reply and i will check out these suggestions of sites/forum sections you have made and get stuck into it.
cheers
Ryan
Welcome aboard, glad Sly was first to touch base , as the new FISD Detachment leader he’s certainly the most qualified to point you in the right direction , he’s also about to become the Garrisons white armor “Armorer” , he will be your go to guy for advice , once you get your armor you can start a build thread on the forums, starting with your Big Brown Box day when your armor arrives , good luck on your journey.
DW2013GCSN13BN12
DW2014GCSN14BN13
              GCSN15BN14
Welcome to the group and even better the Venom Squad territorySmile We have many members based in Townsville, Mackay, Darwin and also Cairns etc so people are close at hand also.

As stated above Sly is the best point for reference on the subject on Stormtroopers.

Terror