Newby, ready to begin the sandtrooper project...
Hi all.
Dino here in Loganholme QLD. Been a Star Wars fan all of my life (well begining when I was 4 years old watching ANH at the drive-in) and have been gradually adding props and collectables to the man cave for as long as I can remember.

With Christmas just gone, my wife had a great idea to suprise me with a Stormtrooper Armour set bought from UK. Now I thought the best place to begin this project will be to talk to the team in the know ('redbacks'). I have read through some threads here and there is talks about 'costume forum' get-togethers. How do I find out more about these events. I'm sure 10 minutes talking to you guys will equate to months to me going alone.

Having been a father recently, I am keen to beging trooping when the full costume is completed. and enjoy seeing the crowds generate arount the 501st. A little worried about dropping dead from heat exhaustion in the QLD summer though!

I am 91kg and 184cm, with a face that should be covered with a helmet Smile

Sorry for going on and on, but thought I could get it all out at once.....

Looking forward to meeting you in the new year. Remember kids 'don't do deathsticks'.
Welcome Dino

AP's (armour party) not to be confused with AP make of Stormtrooper armour, are held regularary by members. They are usually posted up in the upcomming events thread, but at this time of year, things are a bit quiet with holidays etc. Just keep a look out for them.

A stormtrooper costume is one of the cooler costumes to wear, as the lycra body suit, allows pretty good airflow, and a lot of members add fans to their helmets, to assist in airflow.

Catch you around soon.
Ken
Welcome abourd Dino.
Muppet is 100% right, He realy does know his armour.
As far as Armour partys go, They really are a great start for new members, not only to get the advice needed, but to help gain confidence and motivation in your build.
We are a friendly bunch so if you have any queries, ask away.

Other than Ap's, if you can find the time to make it to one of our troops, and introduce yourself to us, You can get a feel for what they are like by "wrangling" for us. This is where an out of armour person accompanies us to help out.
All of these really helped me out when I was a cadet, plus a lot of fun.
See you soon
I survived Dreamworld 2010
DW2011
DW2012
DW2013
DW2014
DW2015
Welcome aboard Dino...stormtrooper armour is pretty cool but can get a bit warm under the helmet so fans are a must I have yet to put any in mine.
Keep asking questions and also keep an eye for any armour parties I am sure there will be some in the new year.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
BN14GCSN15
Welcome aboard Dino!!!

Do you know what make of armour you have?

Don't say Rubies!
Don't say Rubies!
Don't say Rubies!
Hehehe

My guess is that it's FX, which is perfectly acceptable, and a few of the fellow troopers, including myself have this kit in some form or another (ie: recast). Feel free to throw as many questions as you like at us, and i'm sure someone here can answer it promptly. Doppeldaumen1
[Image: 36487379910_dbb9166743_o.png]

Welcome aboard mate. Great to see you are going to be a dirty trooper. Give me a bell if you want to talk back packs and weathering. Anything Sandy related.
another dirty boy for apok Smile building a trooper is the most fun i had this year only 2nd to wearing it. Welcome aboard.
A man in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested. 
G'days Dino and welcome to RBG. Asking questions is always the best way to go and it seems that you are on the right path. If you can get to an AP (armour party) would be an idea to bring your armour along so others can get a look and give you hand on what you need to do to fit it to you. Wink
WELCOME! Smile

Nothing more to add but ask HEAPS of questions... the only silly question is one that you don't ask Doppeldaumen1

Also (channeling major payne) what type of armour did you get

please don't say rubies please don't say rubies please don't say rubies Hehehe

I have FX with a MM helmet... you'll eventually get used to all the acronyms Hehehe
 [Image: kaizoku_sentai_gokaiger_henshin_hd_final...55xtn2.gif]

GCSN13
DW2011  DW2012 DW2013 DW2017
Welcome.
Real democracy is not something that can be palmed off with a click of a mouse once a year, a crossed box and crossed fingers.

Democracy is for life, not just elections.

I survived Dreamworld 2010DW2011DW2012DW2013DW2014DW2015
Welcome!

Hopefully the armour you have will suit...
There's a get together at Muppet's place this Monday, so if you can make it to that, plus bring your armour, we can certainly let you know where your next move is!

I survived Dreamworld 2010 to DW2015
BN10 to BN13
GCSN13
CVII
OK, OK. its a FX suit. But I do have other brands of helmets (and weapons). Wanted to see how successful the FX (yet to be assembled) turns out.

APOK, definitely interested to see how yours turned out and what you can advise is the best way to go.

If Muppet doesn't mind, I would love to come around and meet you all. Please send me the details. Muppet can set the bar as high as he can for realism to detail and I will try to hit that mark.

Happy new year all. Hope you have a great night.
Hey Dino, welcome to the Redback Garrison. You're on the right track with the FX suit, will let Muppet and others fill you in on the rest. I find it helpfull to bring a camera along to Armour Parties to take pics of stuff to get ideas. Catch you Monday.
ONE SHOT. ONE KILL. NO EXCEPTIONS

I survived Dreamworld 2010I survived Supanova 2010:dw11SadJUST)
Hey Dino, the FX TK is fine straight out of the box, with only a couple of small mods to be approved ( ab buttons size and colour,repalce the plastic belt) To turn it into a TD, it will require further modifcations, mainly to the ab plate.
Make sure to sign up on the MEPD forum HERE, the Sandtrooper detachment forum is a great resource. Check out HERE for the tutorial on how to modify the ab plate.

Also if you haven't already, check out the CRL (costume reference library) for the Sandtrooper HERE This is the guide that we use when building our costume to be 501st approved. And just to confuse you further, further down that page,you can also aim for MEPD Deployment status, which is turning your armour into super uber accurate.

When you come around on Monday, it may be easier for us to explain in person, as there is a fair bit to take in. You can also check out my TD which is only newly completed.

Ken
Welcome to the Redbacks. Another sandie in the making. Excellent! Should get us all suited up & do some photos at the beach sometime. Td
I survived Dreamworld 2010
:dw11:
DW2012
I maybe short, but my mum always told me all nice things come in small packages

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newby in Townsville Xesh 20 23,501 Wednesday 16-Nov-2016, 06:16 AM
Last Post: DannytheBlue
  Newby DEATHPROOF 23 26,808 Thursday 5-Nov-2015, 10:38 AM
Last Post: DEATHPROOF
Build Thread Let the build begin Scorpion 48 50,033 Thursday 30-Oct-2014, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Scorpion